Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a 4-15 x50 Too Much for an AR15?

Feedback Score

Is a 4-15 x50 Too Much for an AR15?

planning my next purchase and i'm seriously considering the nightforce nxs 4-15 for it. already have the 2-10 on another rifle and it's probably my favorite setup. wondering if the 4-15 might be a bit too much. opinions?

Feedback Score
    I don't think so. I have never thought to myself "man, I wish I had LESS magnification" when precision shooting.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't say it's too much especially if the deal was right plus on a QD mount you can move it around too whatever rifle might fit your needs with the scope at that time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Remington M700p .308
    • Colt M4 Carbine .556
    • Henry Big Boy .45 Colt
    • M&P Shield9

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I run the F1 night force SHV and love it. Go for it.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

NF SHV zero stop

Ok, can someone explain or send a video link to setting zero stop on F1 MIL MIL Nightforce SHV. I did it in the field on the fly while shooting and it worked but questioned myself. Was that too simple ?

Eurodriver, you out there ?

I pulled up PDF from their website and its different than my scope. It has to be the F1 mil mil scope.
    I tried trusty you tube and my searchfoo sucked today. They usually show the NXS line that I can do in my sleep.

Any help appreciated.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Eurodriver lost it and banned himself for childish behavior.

To the OP, it depends on the AR15 setup, but I can think of configurations that a 4-15x50 would be suitable.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'm asking about zero stop. Not the scopes utility for an AR. If a mod moved my post, it didn't serve anybody well.

I'm needing info on specifically SHV, MIL MIL zero stop. Other SHV scopes might not apply. This thread is about scope power for AR's.

PB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Pappabear,

I have the same SHV F1 but in MOA. If I remember correctly all you do for the zero stop is loosen the allen screws on the elevation knob, align "0", push down and tighten the screws again. It's not a precise zero stop. Mine will still rotate about 1.5 moa below zero but that lets me know I've reached the bottom and I just dial up to zero and I'm good. I've found it to be very repeatable.

Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    thanks for all who replied. i think i will go for it. i was initially worried about the weight, but i realize this scope is only about 30oz, which is in line with pretty much every vortex scope made.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    @Pappabear

Go to 1:30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4o0qxCOoBg

BTW, yours is named ZeroSet not ZeroStop. It looks like the others are named ZeroStop and they look like they click to a hard stop right on zero.
    Last edited by tb-av; 07-02-17 at 21:13.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast