Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Build - Similar to BCM EAG Carbine

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If youre planning on taking this weapon in and out of the cockpit with you on a daily basis, you will appreciate even the marginally shorter Over All Length of a 14.5" barrel and definitely the significantly shorter OAL of an 11.5" gun. Something to consider.

Magpul's Arial Platform Operations instructional video will give you a good primer for the safe handling of weapons and related support equipment in and around rotary-wing aircraft, though it will probably just reiterate what you already know if youre a pilot.

Previous suggestions and many others for particular components will serve you just fine. Part of this hobby/lifestyle/profession is buying and using products to determine which YOU prefer. If this is your first AR, you may not even notice the difference between the mentioned ALG trigger and say a Wilson or Timney product. Similarly, no significant difference will be noticed between say a DD and a Troy receiver endplate sling adapter or an AAC FH versus a SureFire product. In short, so long as you buy from a reputable manufacturer, youre going to be fine.

Feedback Score
    My $.25 follows...

OP, have you ever handled a rifle with a UBR on it? I've owned rifles with the UBR, and unless it's 16" or better, it's just too damn heavy. On a shorty it's ridiculously ass heavy. On a 14.5, with MOE handguards, it's going to be too heavy, but that's just my opinion.

I'll echo what others have said, if you like the EAG carbine, then buy it. Pat Rogers knows more about fighting with a gun than almost anyone else alive, and he adheres strictly to the "form follows function" line of thinking.

The parts on the BCM EAG are no nonsense, utilitarian, and proven. LaRue rails, well, they don't really need introduction or justification. The TD BG-16 is one of the best grips made, and personally I like it a lot better than the rest. The CTR is light, quick, and strong. If you want a higher cheek weld, then get a riser for it, but that won't be necessary if you shoot it like a carbine. The G2X is a 200 lumen piece of I-dare-you-to-break-it, it isn't ninja-riffic like the 620V, but who gives a shit? It works, and you can rely on it.

The sling is where I'll depart. I'm not much of a fan of 2 points that won't go to single point, but the sling is such a cheap piece of gear that it's really a non-issue here.

If you are completely dead set against getting the EAG carbine, and want to build one, then you're probably going to spend a LOT of money finding out that certain combinations just don't work. I did, and countless others on this board have. Nobody is trying to tell you, "hey guy, you're an idiot, do it my way," because that's just ****ing stupid. What we are doing is offering some advice based on our experiences of dumping a LOT of money (read that as tens of thousands) into shit that doesn't work. A lot of us have military and LE backgrounds, and are really good at breaking things and finding out what does and doesn't work.

You're definitely on the right track with BCM, but if you go with the UBR, then you're going to need a rail that will come close to balancing it out. If you pick the AAC Blackout, then bear in mind that you will ONLY be able to use AAC cans on that gun. If you're fine with that, then bueno and power to you.

Personally, I'm with the other guys that have said buy the EAG, and find what you don't like on it through some training and use, then re-evaluate in a few thousand rounds, you'll have a much more specific idea of what you want.

All of the above is my personal opinion, acquired through time, effort, and too much money, take what you can use and ignore the rest. Good luck with your purchase brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12