Thread: M&P 45 Grip Issue

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

M&P 45 Grip Issue

I've got a friend that picked up an M&P 45 at a gun show a few weeks ago. He really likes the gun but his hands are very small. It looks like they stopped growing when he was about 14 years old.

We were shooting and small grip insert is still too big. I had him shoot it a little without a grip insert installed and he said it felt a hundred times better but it was little uncomfortable with the exposed edges and such. I don't think shooting without a grip insert is practical.

I could only come up with these options for him:
    - Find another small grip insert and try sanding it down to see if that helps. (Told him to not "experiment" on his only small grip.)
    - Leave the grip insert off and try one of those large "inner tube-type grip wrap arounds".
    - Look to see if an "extra-small grip" is available. (I haven't been successful finding out if anyone even makes one.)
    - ???

I was just curious to see if anyone has resolved this "small hands" problem in the past and to see if there may be some other options that I didn't think of that we could try.

PS - If someone has a small grip insert that they are not using, please let me know what you'd like for it.
    PSS - Lastly, are the M&P grip inserts interchangeable between calibers?

Thanks

Last edited by ucrt; 04-18-12 at 22:05.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    You can send it to Doug at ATEI guns (he is a member here) and they have grip reductions for the M&P. There is one pictured in the M&P picture thread, it involved filling in the back strap instead of using the grip pannel.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    A pretty severe "reduction" of some sort, found on Page 63 of the M&P Picture thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...postcount=1258

No WAY there's a backstrap on that thing.....

It doesn't appear as if Joeywhat ever answered the question as to who did that for that gun, but he may roger up to a PM.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    A pretty severe "reduction" of some sort, found on Page 63 of the M&P Picture thread: https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.p...postcount=1258

No WAY there's a backstrap on that thing.....

It doesn't appear as if Joeywhat ever answered the question as to who did that for that gun, but he may roger up to a PM.
    Joe owns Diversified Firearm Concepts and he's the one that performed the grip reduction.

As far as I know he's the only company doing them to M&P's
    http://firearmconcepts.com/prices.html

We work together and you'll need to send the pistol to me as I have an FFL.

Go to his site and fill out the order form http://firearmconcepts.com/media/DFC-Order%20Form.pdf print and include it in the package.
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Some great info.

Last week, I told my buddy to call S&W to explain his situation to them. They volunteered to send him a small grip insert to experiment with.
    Now - That is impressive service!
    You know, he liked his M&P 45 fine before he called S&W but with their response, he's really sold on it now.
    Funny more companies can't understand that taking care of their customers pays huge rewards.

I went shooting today with him and he shoots it pretty good but you can see it is more than a handful for him. He is a good woodworker, so I imagine he'll take his time working the insert down.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on working the insert down, please let us know.

Thanks again.