Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Post your SCAR tips, tweaks, tricks, and odd bits here

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars attacks... View Post
    Anyone have a trick for removing a stripped, seized gas jet? Not the regulator, the set screw that is underneath.

There is a screw under there? They didn't tell me about that with my SCAR's.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    Remove the gas regulator and piston, look into the gas block from the top of the rifle. There's a gas port with a jet in there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    The gas port is actually a threaded insert. Back before the factory short barrels were offered for sale, those of us that cut our barrels down had to buy a bunch of different sized gas port inserts to get our rifles running again. There are 20ish different sized inserts that go for about $2 each from the browning parts dept.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone needing a SCAR Primary Arms forend rail can PM me. I also have 2 complete butt-stock assemblies. 1 each: Black and FDE, and 2 sets of trigger parts - which would be ideal for anyone running a spare lower for MK25 magazines. Make me an offer I can't refuse.

Feedback Score
    In case anyone doesnt know, you can use a set screw like in an ar15 to preload the trigger. With polish work etc you can get into the 4.5# range easily!

Feedback Score

Aftermarket buttstocks

What do you think about all the aftermarket buttstocks that have the metal buttstock plate? (KDG, VLTOR). Heard with prolonged used (at least on the scar heavy's) that the rear upper screws start to travel and then angle out, ruining the upper. Seems FN made the stock buttockstock plate polymer on purpose?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigten109 View Post
    What do you think about all the aftermarket buttstocks that have the metal buttstock plate? (KDG, VLTOR). Heard with prolonged used (at least on the scar heavy's) that the rear upper screws start to travel and then angle out, ruining the upper. Seems FN made the stock buttockstock plate polymer on purpose?
    This is absolutely correct. shooting with a suppressor. And the polymer hinge cracked. Replaced witj the handl aluminum hinge plate. Then the rear screws tilted. Would suggest dialing down your gas jet. These dudes are way overgassed. If they come loose ,clean them and loctite them and crank them down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by infidelcrusader View Post
    This is absolutely correct. shooting with a suppressor. And the polymer hinge cracked. Replaced witj the handl aluminum hinge plate. Then the rear screws tilted. Would suggest dialing down your gas jet. These dudes are way overgassed. If they come loose ,clean them and loctite them and crank them down.

If not firing suppressed, similar problems?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigten109 View Post
    If not firing suppressed, similar problems?
    I've heard of some guns doing it. The polymer is a built in recoil damper. But also many guns don't have an issue with the kdg stocks and such. I think those rear screws are a little short and possibly not torqued from that factory correctly. If you are not suppressing you should be fine. But watch those screws, mark them with a paint marker .

Feedback Score
    I may just avoid them in the scar heavy for now. Even if the screws don't migrate, I've also heard of receivers cracking. There is obviously something going on with the heavier bolt carrier group and the 308 round in the scar system with an aluminum buttstock plate that is causing undue stress on parts. Heck who knows what it may do to the even more expensive optic sitting on top of it.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast