Thread: M&p 15-22 issue

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

M&p 15-22 issue

I have had my 15-22 for over a year now any had any issues until yesterday. My son was shooting the gun and I noticed the bullets weren't flying consistent and were off target. I fired a couple of rounds and noticed the same thing. Stripped the gun and noticed something in the barrel approximately 1/4" from feed ramp. I tried to run a brush down bore and couldn't get past the obstruction. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas on a fix? I will try to attached some photos of the barrel.
    Last edited by gk6091; 04-04-12 at 09:34. Reason: Add pic

Feedback Score
    Man, that looks like some nasty build up of some sort. Sorry I'm not much help but other than the obvious fact that it needs to come out, not sure what else to say.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After speaking with S&W, I ended up pushing a cleaning rod from the muzzle end with a bronze brush. I had to hammer the rod to break the fragment free. All the fragments together looked to be about half a bullet. Not sure how it happened but now its gone and going to test fire this weekend.
    Last edited by gk6091; 04-05-12 at 16:52. Reason: typo

Feedback Score
    What kind of ammo were you using?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Walmart bulk federal

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Update?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The gun is good to go, I guess it was a freak thing. The gun is functioning fine and haven't noticed and reduction in accuracy.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Good to hear.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I bought a lightweight upper for my daughters AR rifle a few years back to use as a dedicated 22 upper. We shot a few hundred rounds of 22 thru it at it worked perfectly. I then put a 5.56 bolt in and tried to shoot a few rounds of ball ammo thru it. It wouldn't cycle the next round in. I took it home, removed the gas tube which was 100% obstructed with lead. After swapping out the gas tube it we were back in business.
    I ran into the guy that I bought the upper from a few weeks later and told him about the event. He told me that his daughters must have shot 10,000 rounds of 22 via a Cieners kit and that a 5.56 round has never seen the inside of that barrel.
    Long story short, 22's are dirty and will over time lead up the gun.
    Sasquatch has taken a picture of me.