Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    You cannot guarantee that. Unused manual safeties have been known to inadvertently get engaged. The user that doesn't train to use the safety will have significant issues getting the gun to fire when that happens, losing valuable seconds. I've seen it on the range numerous times.

S&W needs to make this one w/o manual safety just like the rest of the M&P line.
    I'm sure it will be removable just like the standard m&p if it bugs you that bad... Just a though

Feedback Score

Question

With the extended mag, I wonder what the measurement would be compared to a 9c with a FS 17 round mag (with X-grip), which is how I sometimes carry when I don't want to carry a spare mag.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorDG View Post
    Sorry to hear. Sounds like a lot of bad luck. I have never had a problem with any of my S&Ws.
    I've never had any major reliability issue with any recent S&W product I've bought. How many have I bought, do you ask? Well I seem to be a bit of an M&P nut, I have a total of 5 M&P pistols (a .45, and 4 9's [compact, 2 FS, 1 Pro], plus the M&P 15-22 rifle--most of these purchased from G&R Tactical).

I've had a few MINOR issues with just personal preferences types of stuff, not impacting reliability. I've gotten upgraded APEX trigger kits on a couple of my M&P's, because I prefer the aftermarket trigger. However, to me it's a good thing that folks out there are building aftermarket parts for the M&P, that's the sign of a healthy, growing platform that has a future. I pretty much assume with any stock/factory pistol I buy--whether a 1911, a Glock, and M&P, a CZ, whatever--that I'm going to have to do something to otherwise tune or improve the trigger to my liking.

I'm definitely interested in one of these and if they prove as reliable as the others, I'd probably sell my compact (not because it's bad, but because I don't need 2 compacts) and go with this slimmer model.
    Last edited by maximus83; 04-09-12 at 11:13.

Feedback Score
    While I love my M&P's, I dont see how this one does anything more or anything better than the .40c or 9c other than compromise capacity.
    I'm not trading 10+1 or 12+1 for .3 thinner,2 oz lighter and a taller grip frame, I'd rather address my carry system to make the compact possible.
    Come'on guys we're M&P fanboys we're not supposed to act like the glock fanboy's.............let the beatings commence.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm currently using a Walther PPS as a uniform BUG instead of my M&P9c because the difference in thickness and weight is enough for me to notice toward the end of a 10 hr shift.

If the Shield is thinner as well, I'm all in.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wondering if the current APEX offerings will work with this one.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So safe to assume that normal M&P holsters will not retain this because it is thinner, or it the slide the same?
    Last edited by dmaxfireman; 04-09-12 at 11:25.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    I don't think they all will.

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I thought that I'd want one when they were finally released but then I came to the conclusion that I don't have problem concealing my M&P9C when I can carry with my shirt untucked or with a cover garment. For the days that I'm tucked in, (M-F heh) I need something pocketable and this doesn't fit the bill. This will probably only appeal to people that have (probably incorrectly) convinced themselves that they can't conceal a double stack gun or the people that actually have a niche for it. Oh well, more options are a good thing especially if it competes in a market filled with less than stellar options.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmp45 View Post
    I wonder if the trigger system is completely different than the current M&Ps.

Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast