Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USA View Post
    And for those buying the Shield, do you have the compact version as well or are you choosing the Shield over the compact?

I only have a full size and was planning on purchasing a compact. Now I can't decide if I should purchase the Shield, a compact or both.
    I'm kind of in the same boat with this. I currently carry a full size M&P 9, but was planning on getting a compact 9 or .40 to carry and keep the full size for a HD gun. I was also considering getting a small 9mm or even .380 to carry while running and biking and maybe carrying with a belly band type rig in board shorts or track pants. I'm now thinking about just getting this to fill both roles.

We'll have to see, but this looks very promising.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Just called my dealer and he is working on scoring me one. This will be my new off duty and summer gun. Won't replace my J frame for B.U.G. on duty but it will be a much better option for off duty carry, especially in summer.
    Last edited by Dos Cylindros; 04-12-12 at 22:02.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    They already made a mistake with the manual safety and then they really stuck it to me by making it single sided.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    They already made a mistake with the manual safety and then they really stuck it to me by making it single sided.
    In one of the reviews they said its rather stiff, and low profile. So if you didnt want to use it, they said its very unlikely that you could accidentally activate it.

Maybe not perfect, but I plan to get one, and dont plan to use the safety

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
    By your post, I assume you are a lefty. I really feel for you guys as even in this "modular" day and age, manufacturers rarely seem to take you guys into consideration when releasing new products. I relaize you are the minority of the population, but it does not seem to be a big deal for S&W to make the safety ambi. They did it with the original M&P's. I suspect it was a cost issue, but I don't know how much it really could have cost.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saddlerocker View Post
    Yeah its a little too big for a pocket carry type of gun.
    They also said its "slightly" double stacked.

It looks like a good middle ground between a real small gun and the M&P compact/Glock 19 ect...

Im a skinny guy and plan to carry in a Raven appendix holster, so I think this will be perfect, not to small and not too big.
    But alot of people might have wanted a pocket gun.
    Cant please everyone

And 2 more Articles/Reviews
    http://gunnuts.net/2012/04/12/smith-...ld-9mm-review/

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2012/04/1...son-mp-shield/
    If it is not an "easy carry in the front pocket" type of gun, they lost me by making it smaller and reducing the magazine capacity. I will stick with higher capacity 9 mm pistols if I am going to carry on the belt.

My impression from the videos is this just a little too big for practical pocket carry.
    Last edited by DWood; 04-12-12 at 19:05.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score

Went by Cabelas today and they had just put one on display at noon(They said that they couldn't talk about it or display it until then). He said that they had gotten 12 of them in stock.

It felt ok in the hand. Very thin and low profile. I wasn't a fan of the safety. Overall a decent feel. If I hadn't been there to get a full size M&P I probably would have picked one up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    By your post, I assume you are a lefty. I really feel for you guys as even in this "modular" day and age, manufacturers rarely seem to take you guys into consideration when releasing new products. I relaize you are the minority of the population, but it does not seem to be a big deal for S&W to make the safety ambi. They did it with the original M&P's. I suspect it was a cost issue, but I don't know how much it really could have cost.
    My step father told me the Nuns back in the old days would smack your left hand knuckles with a ruler till you learned to use your right hand.
    May you be in heaven at least an hour before the devil knows your dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FUUUCK I just bought an LC9 two days ago...

Gonna be selling that thing now.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast