Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Fondled one at sportsmans today, the trigger is awesome, it actually has a tactile reset and doesnt have a wet carrot feel trigger break. hopefully its transfers to the standard m&ps. The safety to me is meh especially being a lefty. I think its going to really hurt the pf9 and lc9 sales if it proves to be a reliable and accurate option.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Ordered one today for $399 as after reading reviews and seeing various YouTube reviews I drank the Kool Aid and decided to get one. It will likely be late next week at the earliest. Sounds like the best trigger yet on a M&P.
    +1 same here, and same price. From the UTube videos sounds like it may not need an Apex or other trigger kit to shoot well. At $400 with 2 mags, I think a good value in today's dollars.

Tommato

Feedback Score
    For those complaining about lack of rail, what are you wanting to mount on it? Plus, did you look at the accessories available? You can mount lasers on it without a rail. If you want a flashlight, I'm sure someone will make one eventually if there is enough demand to mount on pistol same way lasers are being mounted. If you hoped to mount it on rail in front, I think that would be crazy on a gun that size and would certainly defeat its purpose (CCW) IMO, but I am no SME.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...ccessories.pdf

Feedback Score
    Looks like the single stack ccw pistols keep coming. I wonder if Glock will now really be pressured to make a single stack G26/27. I wonder what percentage of parts does the Shield share with the M&Pc. Let's not forget about the Springfield XD45 single stack either. I think this will be a hit too. Most people will certainly trust this little gun over things like the Keltec pf9 and Ruger LC9 I would think.

Feedback Score
    With respect to no front slide serrations, only the M&P45 has them. No other M&P does.

If you want to press check, you can do it via rear sight or near front of muzzle where it is cut, but you will obviously then need to be careful of sweeping yourself. It also has the hole on top of barrel and slide to look for brass.

Not a biggie IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post

Went by Cabelas today and they had just put one on display at noon(They said that they couldn't talk about it or display it until then). He said that they had gotten 12 of them in stock.

It felt ok in the hand. Very thin and low profile. I wasn't a fan of the safety. Overall a decent feel. If I hadn't been there to get a full size M&P I probably would have picked one up.
    Just like Cabela's to charge MSRP.

Feedback Score
    Ambi controls - there is no subcompact that I am aware of or would want to buy that has ambi controls. S&W allegedly did this to keep width down. Thank god magazine release is reversible for the lefties. Since S&W put a safety in, it would've been nice if that was ambi too, but I guess they looked at the competition and saw no other subcompact, again that I am aware of, has ambi controls so... LC9 has safety and it is not ambi either.

Also, I'm going to speculate that they won't offer one without a safety for liability reasons. There is not a non-safety version of Bodyguard either or LC9, etc.

Feedback Score
    heads up, stupid question time...

As a Glock shooter I know nothing about manual safties on guns other than I despise them. Well, and mag disconects too but I digress...

Can you remove them, or at least disable them?

Not speaking to the Shield specifically, but thats the one drawback IMO to that pistol. MY luck would be the damn thing would somehow get engaged and I would vapor lock.

-drew
    I don't know Magsz, but...This is one of the best quotes ever...
    "Despite reloading like im punching Nancy Pelosi in the face, i still cant reliably get glocks to auto forward, especially 19's."

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Definitely going to take a look at these.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew78 View Post
    heads up, stupid question time...

As a Glock shooter I know nothing about manual safties on guns other than I despise them.

Can you remove them, or at least disable them?
    Depends on the specific pistol, of course, but you can remove the thumb safety on some other M&Ps, for example.
    Barba non facit philosophum.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast