Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKUSP.40 View Post
    There's also a $50 rebate on M&P handguns (minus the M&P.22) for all active/retired military.
    Let me know if the rebate works for you. I was planning on buying a compact this year and using rebate. If S&W does not revise rebate to exclude Shield like it has with M&P 22 (I'm afraid they might because both M&P22 and Shield are lower priced than remaining M&P's), then I may get Shield this year and pray S&W extends rebate to next year so I can use to buy compact.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I wonder if Buds Police will be stocking these. Hopefully
    I'm sure they will, but I bet it'll be a while until S&W releases LE SKU'ed guns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Smith & Wesson® M&P SHIELD™ Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IfQb...layer_embedded

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog7972 View Post
    What will this gun do for me that my 239 does not? My 239 is 9+ 1 and it appears to be pretty similar in height which is the primary concern when carried concealed. I think if I were in the market for a small 9mm, ccw weapon that the G26 would be a better choice.
    I'd say it would do quite a bit for you...lose half an inch off the grip and a quarter inch width while only giving up 1 round capacity wise. Then you'd be covered on the single stack 9 and could ask yourself what the P239 does for you that a Glock 19 couldn't other than hold 6 less rounds Just messin with ya...lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    ...are they still using the oddball 5 groove rifling..?
    What's wrong with 5 groove rifling?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    If you don't see the point, don't get it. Width matters to some people. A PPS is easier to carry for me than the G26. I expect the same to be true for the Shield.

Normal capacity on the 239 is 8+1 by the way. I don't really see the point of a 239 when compared to a G19 but that's just me.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

If this pistol is not an easy pocket carry gun, then it is wasted on me since the higher capacity guns carry just as easily in a belt holster, either IWB or OWB.

My thoughts are this gun does not meet my requirements for pocket carry. If I am correct, then it has no value to me.
    Last edited by DWood; 04-14-12 at 18:22.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    If this pistol is not an easy pocket carry gun, then it is wasted on me since the higher capacity guns carry just as easily in a belt holster, either IWB or OWB.

My thoughts are this gun does not meet my requirements for pocket carry. If I am correct, then it has no value to me.
    It's probably large for pocket carry, so if it has no value to you on the belt, it is what it is.

Other people do see an advantage in thinner guns for on-the-belt carry. This gun is a good thing for them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    It's probably large for pocket carry, so if it has no value to you on the belt, it is what it is.

Other people do see an advantage in thinner guns for on-the-belt carry. This gun is a good thing for them.
    I agree. Choices and options are good IMO. I've decided to buy both the compact and the Shield in the future. Together, both should provide me IMO a wider range of clothing options to wear while CCW'ing (in MD, which I hope will someday come).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    What's wrong with 5 groove rifling?
    Nothing is wrong with it if it works... As you well know, the full sized pistols have a accuracy problem that seems random in nature, as Randy Lee has pointed out, the problems with the barrels in the FS guns are the rifling, rate of twist, (also weird if I remember correctly, something like 1 in18.75, usual twist for 9mm, I believe is 1 in 16)and of course the well known early unlocking.. All of these are parts of the accuracy equation. If one or more of these parts is'nt right, you're going to have problems.My question in a nutshell is, did they address these issues with this pistol or not? Not wanting to be a smartass, But, I'm not really interested in a debate on the merits of 5 groove rifling. I guess the next question would be, if they did manage to address these issues, then, why can't they do it with the full sized pistols? (pardon the thread drift)
    Last edited by ralph; 04-14-12 at 22:34.
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Nothing is wrong with it if it works... As you well know, the full sized pistols have a accuracy problem that seems random in nature, as Randy Lee has pointed out, the problems with the barrels in the FS guns are the rifling, rate of twist, (also weird if I remember correctly, something like 1 in18.75, usual twist for 9mm, I believe is 1 in 16)and of course the well known early unlocking.. All of these are parts of the accuracy equation. If one or more of these parts is'nt right, you're going to have problems.My question in a nutshell is, did they address these issues with this pistol or not? Not wanting to be a smartass, But, I'm not really interested in a debate on the merits of 5 groove rifling. I guess the next question would be, if they did manage to address these issues, then, why can't they do it with the full sized pistols? (pardon the thread drift)
    Since S&W doesn't see it as an issue, I doubt very much things have changed at all from the FS.

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast