Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got a call Firday from a friend at a LGS who said they just put out ten of them. I had decided to wait a while to let any issues get worked out and allow pricing to come down before buying one. I made the mistake of going in to take a look at them. I bought one yesterday morning, leaving five left in stock, and took it to the range that afternoon. I, along with a friend, fired a total of 428 rounds through the gun.

The Shield ran flawlessly even though I attempted to induce malfunctions. It was accurate and shot very tight groups (we were shooting at close ranges though ) although it did shoot a little to the left for both of us. I did not bring an allen wrench for the rear sight so I was unable to make adjustments at the range. I will go back and and adjust the sights today. By the way, I do not like the standard sights and look forward to putting night sights on the gun. I much prefer the Ameriglo Operator rear (yellow) and the orange Hack or CAP front (green) and have them on all of my carry guns.

I like the way the gun feels and shoots with the 8rd mag. To me there is a bit more torque with the short mag, it is manageable but not as enjoyable to shoot with. I still plan on carrying a G19 for most applications upon retirement, for now I'm stuck with the .40.

I shot the following ammo through the gun without issue: 115 AE ball, 115 Blazer ball, Win 124 NATO ball, 147 AE ball, 124 Fed Tactical Bonded, 124+P T Series, 124+P Gold Dot, 147 T Series and 147 HST. I would carry the 147 HST given the choice, our issue round in 9mm is the 124 Tac Bonded.
    Last edited by SWAT Lt.; 04-15-12 at 09:36.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAT Lt. View Post
    I got a call Firday from a friend at a LGs who said they just put out ten of them. I had decided to wait a while to let any issues get worked out and allow pricing to come down before buying one. I made the mistake of going in to take a look at them. I bought one yesterday morning, leaving five left in stock, and took it to the range that afternoon. I, along with a friend, fired a total of 428 rounds through the gun.

The Shield ran flawlessly even though I attempted to induce malfunctions. It was accurate and shot very tight groups (we were shooting at close ranges though ) although it did shoot a little to the left for both of us. I did not bring an allen wrench for the rear sight so I was unable to make adjustments at the range. I will go back and and adjust the sights today. By the way, I do not like the standard sights and look forward to putting night sights on the gun. I much prefer the Ameriglo Operator rear (yellow) and the orange Hack or CAP front (green) and have them on all of my carry guns.

I like the way the gun feels and shoots with the 8rd mag. To me there is a bit more torque with the short mag, it is manageable but not as enjoyable to shoot with. I still plan on carrying a G19 for most applications upon retirement.

I shot the following ammo through the gun without issue: 115 AE Ball, 115 Blazer, Win 124 NATO, 147 AE Ball, 124 Fed Tactical Bonded, 124+P T Series, 124+P Gold Dot, 147 T Series and 147 HST. I would carry the 147 HST given the choice, our issue round in 9mm is the 124 Tac Bonded.

I hope this helps anyone considering one.
    Thanks, excellent work, looks like a typical M&P.. shoots pretty much anything.
    Jack C.
    cleaned up my gun list for Odie, hope this makes you feel better.. is my target ok? I
    can delete it too..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    FYI Standard M&P sights fit the Shield.

So you'll be able to install your favorite sites with no modifications

Here's a vid showing my initial trigger sear install, polished trigger bar and radiused-polished safety plunger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qTNXpyjNqg
    Doug Holloway
    ATEi

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Last few are a FS9 and the Shield.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Have you tried offering him money?
    Say what??
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M&P9 Shield
    M&P9c

Doug Holloway
    ATEi

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cttbax View Post
    Huh??? Auto foward?????
    One of the reasons I made the final decision to train Glock instead of M&P was the auto-forward "feature". Insert the mag with too much force, and the slide follows forward. As that same force causes the top round nose to pivot up slightly (and thus drop the case head a bit), this explains the observation by some that they either end up with an empty chamber or FTF stoppage. Some aren't bothered by this situation and someeven like it (the auto-forward, not the empty chamber every now & then:). I prefer to have control over exactly when my slide moves forward.

john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Say what??
    My Bad.. I thought your sig line was part of your post above..Sorry..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ROFLMAO!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I spoke with The guys at Apex today at the NRA show and they said they are working on a kit for the Shield as we speak. They said a month or so before it is released. No current M&P Apex parts will work on the Shield according to Apex.

I'm buying the 9mm next paycheck. I handled one today and it felt great in my hand. Looks like it will make an excellent BUG on duty and hot weather CCW.

Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast