Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I adjusted the sights and fired another 160rds of Federal 115 ball through the Shield today. No problems so far.

Feedback Score
    I handled one today at my local gun store. It felt much better than I even expected. I think this will be a big hit. The trigger felt a little heavier and grittier than the M&P9s that I shoot but I think that must just be me since no one else has said that. This gun is slim for an M&P. It felt Kahr thin. The price point is also good. Makes me wonder if Smith can feasibly offer M&Ps to everyone for $400 or less and still turn a healthy profit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Mine should be here on Thursday! I think my BG380 will be collecting dust in the safe once this one hits the proving grounds and then into carry rotation!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have been very impressed with this pistol and very impressed might be an understatement! I picked this gun up last Fri and have just under 400 rounds through it including 100 Fed 124gr HST. I have had zero issues (other than only having two mags to load)...

The gun is very easy to shoot WELL as it allows a proper grip. Recoil is very smooth and you are able to run this gun hard and fast. Both mag options offer a positive grip and have proven reliable. The sights and trigger are fine out of the bock and IMHO the trigger is better out of the box than the fullsize counterparts. Has a firm break between 6-7#'s (all from feel a gauge would be in order for precise numbers...

This gun would be the perfect BUG and I think it very well might be the finest ladies firearm. It fits my 14 year old daughters hands very well.

I think they hit a home run with this pistol and they will sell more than they can build for years to come. I think the .40 is a bit silly though...

A few pics with a Gen 3 RTF2 19

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    d90king:

How does that miniature thumb safety feel? were you able to engage/disengage it positively?

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    d90king:

How does that miniature thumb safety feel? were you able to engage/disengage it positively?
    Its sits completely flush to the frame so it doesn't interfere in any way. It has very positive click when engaged and disengaged. I have not used it and have carried it just like I carry my Glocks.

I see no issue with the part interfering and for those that want to use it, they have it at their disposal.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Our lgs had a few, we checked it out. Wife had no problem racking. I'm hoping there isn't much recoil / muzzle flip difference from the full size mp9. She has no issues with that. It seems to fit ok in glock 26 or lc9 iwb holsters.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I couldn't resist picking one up yesterday when I stopped by the LGS. I eyeballed it, noticed the price tag, fondled it, then started the paperwork. Took it home and cleaned it up. Now I just need some range time!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Any chance that someone out there with a Kahr PM9/CM9 could do some comparison pics?

I've recently gotten a CM9 that's been flawless (granted I've only been able to put 125 rounds through it so far) but am intrigued by the Shield since I know it'll likely have strong aftermarket support. And while the Kahr trigger is extremely smooth, it is quite long. I like the idea of having a small single stack with a similar trigger to my Apex'd M&P9 FS.

Just would like to see some comparison pics....cause i love the size of the CM9.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
    Any chance that someone out there with a Kahr PM9/CM9 could do some comparison pics?

I've recently gotten a CM9 that's been flawless (granted I've only been able to put 125 rounds through it so far) but am intrigued by the Shield since I know it'll likely have strong aftermarket support. And while the Kahr trigger is extremely smooth, it is quite long. I like the idea of having a small single stack with a similar trigger to my Apex'd M&P9 FS.

Just would like to see some comparison pics....cause i love the size of the CM9.
    Here are some pics I snapped:

Page 25 of 47 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast