Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    The trigger was excellent for a DAO

SAO

One thing I do not like, it will not release the slide on an empty mag. Not a big issue but I prefer how my Glocks work.

Sure it does. Pull the slide back and depress the slide stop.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It is not single action only. You can pull the trigger multiple times so it is doing more than just releasing the sear/striker.

I should have said that you cannot release the slide like 99% of other pistols by just pressing the slide lock down.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    I got one on order that should be here next week. Would of had it this week, but my FFL is having trouble with his fax machine. Thaks for the pictures and review. cttbax, let us know how the PT-One Holster works out for you. I'm looking for a better way to carry while working out. Wonder if Apex or someone will make an extended thumb safety for the Shield? Not to big, just more shelf to push it off.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have just put myself on the list. Going to be trading in my Bodyguard .380.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To those of you that have purchased the shield already; do you guys think it's small enough for ankle carry under uniform pants?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bookin View Post
    To those of you that have purchased the shield already; do you guys think it's small enough for ankle carry under uniform pants?
    With the flush mag I think it would be fine provided you are carrying with a proper holster.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Also, I don't think the safety would be easy to manipulate under stress....maybe after extended use it would break in, but it was very stiff and difficult to get a purchase on.
    The safety on the Shield is much more a storage safety than a carry safety. It is recessed enough with a small enough tab that I would not expect to be able to manipulate it positively under stress.

Quote Originally Posted by NWPilgrim View Post
    It is not single action only. You can pull the trigger multiple times so it is doing more than just releasing the sear/striker.
    Unless I am mistaken, I don't remember that Shield have a second-strike capability.

M&Ps are single action pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by bookin View Post
    Yes. Use the flush magazine.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Whats the word on removing the safety? Is it possible, and can joe schmoe do it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Glocks are not considered single action either because they partially cock the striker with trigger pull. A true single action does nothing other than release the hammer or striker.

While the Shield may not be DAO, it certainly is neither a single action. Glock and S&W both refer to their pistols as striker fired. If you have actually pulled a single action trigger like the 1911 or HP and a Shield you would immediately know they are not the same.

Regardless of trivial terminology the Shield has a great trigger for a non-single action pistol, aka striker fired.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    LSHD, just from a cursory look at the mechanism while I was doing an initial cleaning this afternoon, removing the safety would be more complex than on the standard M&Ps. It may be possible. From what I could tell from looking at it for 10 seconds it functions in the same way that the standard M&P safety does, by blocking rearward movement of the trigger bar. I'm not sure yet if any other components would be affected...the standard M&P safety is fairly independent of everything else. The location that the safety blocks the trigger bar is different from the standard M&P (if I remember the standard M&P like I think I do, I don't have one anymore), it is aft of and below the sear. I'll try to take a picture and put it up in a bit.
    Last edited by Palmguy; 04-21-12 at 17:15.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast