Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Im sorry guys but this is not necessarily a BUG. It is whatever you make it and BUG or not, why would you NOT set the gun up for success?

Why fight a trigger if you dont have to? The gun weighs 19 ounces, you CANNOT dispute that a 6.5 lb trigger makes it harder to shoot. Im sorry but fundamentals are exercised in a critical incident, they are NOT practiced during that time...

Most of you guys sit here and talk endlessly about which connector you run in your Vampire Slaying Evil Doer Defeater Glock yet we cant talk about modifying a gun of this size? Puhlease.

I appreciate the pep talk and i will harden up, tough it out and work on my ninja rolls and tactical backflips.

Or...i think i am going to make this gun as shootable as i WANT to make it so long as there is no compromise in reliability. The DCAEK comes to mind and works marvelously in this capacity while providing a 5.5 trigger for those of you worried about "light" triggers.

Yeah...my observations still stand
    This.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Nothing wrong with giving yourself every advantage but calling the stock trigger bad is a far stretch. If you wanna dump money into it, great, but it is not really needed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the differing comments here about the relative smoothness or stiffness of the trigger and safety lever I would advise someone interested in one to actually TRY it first and not base a decision on someone else's experience.

The safety on my Shield was nearly impossible to put on when I first got it. But for some reason after disassembly, clean and lube and operating the safety a few dozen times it is now smooth and easy, but not too easy, to move up and down with the side of my thumb.

The trigger has been smooth and maybe a tad heavier than my Glocks (OEM trigger springs), but that is the single feature of the Shield that sold me on it. Others may have tried Shields that have stiff and gritty triggers but not all are like that. I suspect it may have to do whether they have been cleaned and lubed yet. Many store display guns may be right out of the box and have fabricating grit or such in them. I really like the trigger and could not be happier with it. For me it is even better than my Glock triggers.

I don't know what the pounds are on my Shield's trigger pull is but it is not much more than a Glock so 6.5 may be about right. Compared to my 14 oz 642 with a 10 lb trigger it is a dream. Compared to my 39 oz. 1911 with a 4 lb trigger pull it is longer and heavier but not bad for a striker fired gun. Compared to my 19 oz G27 I like the Shield trigger just a tad better.

If you want to tune the Shield's trigger more then have at it. Some guys even tune a 1911 trigger. But I would try it in person before discounting it.
    Last edited by NWPilgrim; 04-24-12 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The one I am using has a few hundred rounds and piles of dry fire on it. The trigger has improved with use and has been very shootable the whole time.
    Last edited by orionz06; 04-24-12 at 11:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hi all,

A Shield specific is being created as I type.

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Hi all,

A Shield specific is being created as I type.

-Randy
    Shield specific.............sear?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    Shield specific.............sear?
    Our standard sear works. We are just finalizing the springs to yield the 5.5lb- 5.75 lb pull weight.
    www.apextactical.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Lee View Post
    Our standard sear works. We are just finalizing the springs to yield the 5.5lb- 5.75 lb pull weight.
    Randy,
    Is it possible to make a single unit package containing a hard sear and the spring kit as one? I was going to order a Apex hard sear tonight for my Shield but might hold off if y'all can do this as one unit? Just wondering.

Dano5326 Guest
    In the unlikely event someone thought a barrel from a fullsize would fit. They will not.

Do the Apex triggers address the over-travel in the M&P's?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by number1olddog View Post
    Randy,
    Is it possible to make a single unit package containing a hard sear and the spring kit as one? I was going to order a Apex hard sear tonight for my Shield but might hold off if y'all can do this as one unit? Just wondering.
    Definitely hold off for a few weeks. We will have a complete kit like our DCAEK available soon!

-Randy
    www.apextactical.com

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast