Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post
    . I could have linked another 30+ threads on issues with Kahrs but I think this gets the point across. I think Kahr makes a good pistol for the most part but they are known for having issues especially out of the box.
    I guess it would be easier to take your point if I didn't see numerous threads like those for a kinds of pistols. what I do know is I now have 4 kahrs and haven't had any issues. I can't say that regarding my m&p's, but I do have lots of links to threads regarding problems with m&ps... Hence my slight roll of the eyes when told my reliable pistols aren't reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by d90king View Post

The only people that would argue ergo's between the two is someone who hasn't handled both pistols side by side... I don't say something just to say it. I know numerous people who have had issues.
    Admittedly I have not handled a shield, although I do have a couple m&ps. I quite like the ergos of the kahr and find it to be very shootable. I have no idea who would or would not think a kahr was comparible to the shield in ergos, nor do I presume to know. I generally avoid the "never's" "only's" and "always" particularly when attributing them to others.

Via droid

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RepeatDefender View Post
    I may have a Kahr PM9 up on the market after a couple hundred more rounds through the Shield.
    Isn't the PM9 and Shield in two different size classes? From the review I saw, the Shield is the same size as the PPS, which is quite a bit larger than the PM9.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Shield Holsters and Mag Carriers available on Quick-Ship....some are in stock at the moment.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/quic...product_id=153

The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT42 View Post
    Isn't the PM9 and Shield in two different size classes? From the review I saw, the Shield is the same size as the PPS, which is quite a bit larger than the PM9.
    Yes it larger, but if the PM9 was not being pocket carried it really wouldn't make a difference.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Shield Holsters and Mag Carriers available on Quick-Ship....some are in stock at the moment.

ACR soon to come?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post

Does this photo show the short/MD cut on the body shield, or is this a standard cut?

For IWB at 3:30-4:00, which would be more functional?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT42 View Post
    Yes it is.

I now own a PM9, a PPS, and a Shield. The PPS is going to be sold off. The PM9 is, and always has been a pocket gun for me.

In time, the PM9 may get sold off also. But for now, it's staying around for pocket carry.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by saddlerocker View Post
    ACR soon to come?
    Yes, we'll be offering a full line for the Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash
    Does this photo show the short/MD cut on the body shield, or is this a standard cut?

For IWB at 3:30-4:00, which would be more functional?
    I believe I just spoke to you on the phone. If not, the picture is the full shield. The shield size is personal preference. My personal holsters are Standard Cant (10 degrees) and Short Shield. Plenty of guys prefer the full shield for guns with thumb safeties to ensure they won't be moved throughout their day to day routine.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    206 rounds down range tonight.

1. 1X Failure to fire. Primer popped, round never went off. All i saw was a puff of smoke from the chamber. The round was not a squib. This is an AMMO issue.

2. 1X Failure to chamber with 123 grain subgun (was used in former Miami SRT mp5's) ammo from the year of the flood. I dont know if this was an OAL issue but the slide would NOT go into battery with this single round. I pulled the slide back a bit and it seemed like the extractor was having issues grabbing onto the rim of the case. I am going to call this one an ammo issue too.

3. Extremely accurate, scary accurate for a small pistol. Then again, i said the same thing about my CW9.

4. Apex trigger components functioned properly albeit heavier than normal. The gun is currently at 5 lbs with just an apex sear and USB plus some love to the trigger bar.

5. With a warren rear sight POI was three inches low at 25.

6. Very minimal amount of muzzle climb. The slide tracks very well and sight recovery is very quick. It is very easy to shoot this thing very quickly in spite of its thinness. Felt recoil in the hand is the same as any other full size 9mm handgun.

7. My only gripe is that i find this thing more difficult to shoot one handed as the pistol wants to torque itself in the empty space in my hand. With two hands on the pistol it doesnt exhibit this tendency.

I am very pleased so far and am looking forward to running more rounds through this thing.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    206 rounds down range tonight.
    7. My only gripe is that i find this thing more difficult to shoot one handed as the pistol wants to torque itself in the empty space in my hand. With two hands on the pistol it doesnt exhibit this tendency.

I am very pleased so far and am looking forward to running more rounds through this thing.
    I noticed the same thing, even during dry fire...

Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast