Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Maybe it's a line of cheap chinese shit with SW branding....oh wait...they've already done that.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Second teaser has been posted. I'll add it to the first post.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Feedback Score
    The slide stop in the teaser pic is definitely further to the rear of the slide than the current offerings. Looks like Sig placement above the thumb knuckle.
    www.Renegade-Armament.com
    01 FFL/03 SOT
    NRA Pistol Instructor

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Kulbick View Post
    The slide stop in the teaser pic is definitely further to the rear of the slide than the current offerings. Looks like Sig placement above the thumb knuckle.
    1) Might be helpful for those who rest their thumbs on the slide stop and accidentally prevent the slide from locking back, but....
    2) Looks pretty inconveniently placed (having never handled the gun myself).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    IME, the guns with accuracy issues tend to be due to the loose nut behind the trigger and nothing else.
    After reading through the M&P Accuracy Issues thread, I kind of wondered that as well. Only because I didn't see many examples of a ransom rest being used. I can't shoot well enough at 25 yards to blame the gun. I think a rest has to be used before blaming the platform.

However, I do think the issue exists. It seems SW replaces some barrels and slides and others they just send back. I think it just may be a case where everyone thinks their gun is affected when they hear about the issues and then don't shoot tight groups at 25 yards. While working at 25 yards, I've found my brain wanting to blame the M&P occasionally, but I know deep down it's poor operator performance. It doesn't help that I group slightly worse with my Glocks. :-)

Feedback Score
    There are a few people who fired an M&P 9 side-by-side with a Glock 17/19 and demonstrated better precision with the Glock.

That's still not as scientific as a ransom rest, since you're still dealing with a human holding a gun pulling a trigger, but it's another data point.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using M&Ps at work for a few years now and have had personal ones before we adopted them at work. IME, the guns with accuracy issues tend to be due to the loose nut behind the trigger and nothing else.

As far as triggers go; the first run of 45s had horrible triggers but the other guns had decent triggers on them. Yeah, the reset is faint, but that is easily fixed by shooting the gun and learning the reset point.
    I'm pretty sure Randy Lee has proved otherwise, and I believe he used a ransom rest..The fact is, some FS9's have a accuracy problem that's due to it unlocking early, others don't, I have one that does, My .45 mid, will shoot rings around it at 25yds, offhand, so will my PPQ, so, I doubt it's always the loose nut behind the trigger..
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been using M&Ps at work for a few years now and have had personal ones before we adopted them at work. IME, the guns with accuracy issues tend to be due to the loose nut behind the trigger and nothing else.
    While you may have experienced good accuracy with your M&P 9 pistols, as regards current production M&P 9 pistols, getting one that will shoot multiple loads under four inches at 25 yards, to the same POI, is the exception. That is based on a sample of over ten new 9mm pistols shot at 25 yards over the last year. In each instance, I used other pistols, Glock and HK, to shoot reference groups and confirm it was the MP pistols and not the shooter or ammo. My experience is not an outlier, based on others also testing the pistols, and getting similar results. Obviously S&W understands the pistols have problems, as they replaced the slide or barrel on four pistols I recently returned to them.

Until such time as S&W really fixes the problem, or Randy Lee releases his barrels, all my 9mm M&P pistols are in a box. It is a shame, because S&W had the first new pistol with so much right, and the obvious opportunity to equal or displace a Glock, but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, by their inability to consistently produce these pistols with accuracy a serious shooter expects in this class of pistol.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=GJM;1276489]While you may have experienced good accuracy with your M&P 9 pistols, as regards current production M&P 9 pistols, getting one that will shoot multiple loads under four inches at 25 yards, to the same POI, is the exception. That is based on a sample of over ten new 9mm pistols shot at 25 yards over the last year. In each instance, I used other pistols, Glock and HK, to shoot reference groups and confirm it was the MP pistols and not the shooter or ammo. My experience is not an outlier, based on others also testing the pistols, and getting similar results. Obviously S&W understands the pistols have problems, as they replaced the slide or barrel on four pistols I recently returned to them.

QUOTE]

+1. Almost identical experience here, with about the same sample size. I love the pistol, but its been an extremely frustrating experience. Especially to go to any random Glock 19 (including ones with the NY1 trigger) and shoot groups 1/2 the size of my nice "Apexed" out M&Ps. Most of my competitive buddies that have dabbled in M&P9s have the same experience. Conversely, the M&P45s have shot like lasers....for the same shooters.

Feedback Score
    The first pic at least peeks my interest a bit, you can see something is different. The second pic is what, the grip?

If SW is following the Apple model, here's hoping the last part of the presentation starts with "Oh, one more thing....."
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast