Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I don't have to download the magazines of my Shield.

But then I've had a Glock 26 for 14 years, and I've never had to download my magazines for my Glocks to seat them with the slide forward.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLefty View Post
    Just in case anyone is curious, I contacted S&W and was told that they had no plans at this time to release the Shield with an FDE frame, but would pass the suggestion on to the right person.

So, if anyone else would like to see one in FDE, I would suggest sending e-mails to show interest.
    alternate color frames suggest to me that one is trying to "camo" an exposed weapon. why is everyone trying to make this gun into a service pistol

to me, it's function and purpose are as a concealed weapon. am I wrong???

I'm still looking for a pocket holster...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    alternate color frames suggest to me that one is trying to "camo" an exposed weapon. why is everyone trying to make this gun into a service pistol

I agree. FDE colored frames is not something that would interest me for this gun. Even if given a choice of colors, I'd still want black. For CCW carry and as a BUG for LE, black works for me.

I have a FIST kydex pocket holster I've used for several years, made for a Glock 26. Something along this lines is what I'm looking to get for my Shield.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

I can barely pocket carry my G26 because of the width.

Is it possible to pocket carry the Shield with the longer grip length?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe Galco has a pocket holster for the Shield.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score

He's just mad he doesn't have a FDE Glock!
    Last edited by Under the Radar; 05-02-12 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Or...i think i am going to make this gun as shootable as i WANT to make it so long as there is no compromise in reliability. The DCAEK comes to mind and works marvelously in this capacity while providing a 5.5 trigger for those of you worried about "light" triggers.

Yeah...my observations still stand
    I found the use for my DCAEK from a current full size M&P9 - the FSS is amazing, but the DCAEK is more than adequate trigger for this, and I just prefer that 5.5# pull to anything but a custom 1911 or the FSS.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwe1 View Post
    I can barely pocket carry my G26 because of the width.

Is it possible to pocket carry the Shield with the longer grip length?
    Yes. I have cargo pants and I can do it.

I have a #4 Uncle Mikes pocket holster I wasn't using, so I have that for now. I did just order a WRB pocket holster last night, though. I have used one for my Kahr PM9 for 2 years and I like it. The Shield is too big for the one I already have, but I emailed them and asked what size would fit the Shield.

They come to the large Houston gun shows, but also sell online. Buying it from their website saves me a 90 minute drive to Houston (each way) and the parking and entrance fees. I picked up one of these by change a couple of years ago, and I like it. The way its shaped, it works perfect to push the holster down with your trigger finger as you pull the gun - and the holster doesn't come out with the gun.

(they told me to get the #6 size: http://wrbsales.com/products/99-pocket-holsters.aspx )
    Last edited by ShipWreck; 05-02-12 at 18:18.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    (they told me to get the #6 size: http://wrbsales.com/products/99-pocket-holsters.aspx )
    Their web site says the #6 is a Glock 26 sized holster so that tells me that the Sheild will not be a gun suited for pocket carry if it requires a holster for a pistol that big.
    Go in peace, but be prepared for violence.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DWood View Post
    Their web site says the #6 is a Glock 26 sized holster so that tells me that the Sheild will not be a gun suited for pocket carry if it requires a holster for a pistol that big.
    It fits fine in my uncle mikes holster in pocket carry right now. I just prefer the other type of holster. Its about the size of a kahr pm9 with the extended mag.

Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast