Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: New M&P Shield in 9mm & 40S&W

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I don't know if I have enough to start another thread on the differences between the PPS and the Shield. To me, they're really close.....The Shield has a smoother trigger pull. The PPS has a slightly lighter trigger pull. Of the two, I prefer the trigger of the Shield. Even though it's a bit heavier. I had planned on getting an Apex hard sear for the Shield. Not sure I'm even going to bother with it now.
    Thanks for posting that. Good info.

I have several PPS, all with the standard "S" connector, but have never even handled a Shield. How would you compare the trigger reset characteristics of the Shield, in terms of distance from break to reset and how distinct the reset is, to that of the PPS?

To me the PPS reset (and trigger feel in general) seems Glock-like. Would you describe the Shield's reset that way?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oldtexan View Post
    Thanks for posting that. Good info.

I have several PPS, all with the standard "S" connector, but have never even handled a Shield. How would you compare the trigger reset characteristics of the Shield, in terms of distance from break to reset and how distinct the reset is, to that of the PPS?

To me the PPS reset (and trigger feel in general) seems Glock-like. Would you describe the Shield's reset that way?
    I just rented a 9mm Shield and PPS and shot 100 rounds each. Super hard decision between both guns. The PPS trigger reminds me of my Glock 27 trigger. The Shield is sort of Glock,like but not as clicky feeling as a Glock or PPS and the Shield trigger pull seems slightly lighter.
    Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I fired another hundred rounds or so through the 9mm Shield and encountered no problems. This still gives the gun a very low round count, but it looks like the initial problem that I encountered with the second shot was just that: an initial problem.

I'm wondering what people have done for night sights for the shield--what they have found works and what they have found doesn't work.

thanks
    Last edited by Ed L.; 08-18-12 at 23:35.

Feedback Score
    I guess that I am in the minority. I have not been overly impressed with the 9mm Shield I bought. The trigger is terribly gritty and heavy. The slide does not work smoothly and can best be described as having a distinct hitch at a couple of points while cycling.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647