Thread: KAC buis micro or standard rear?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

KAC buis micro or standard rear?

I'm looking to purchase some KAC back-up sights. I'm having trouble deciding on the rear sight though.

I'd prefer to have the normal non-micro version for the front sight out of preference.

Is there any real difference betweeen the micro and standard 200-600m rear sights?

I've heard the micro is MIM, and the standard is alloy?

Durability same?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Micro for sure. Seems like the only real difference in the lower profile windage adjustment (been a while since I've compared side-to-side, sold all my standard for micros). I don't know about you but I don't really dial windage with my rear sight, ever, on an AR.

Echo front sight. I also like the standard over the micro.

Durability I can't see being an issue unless you have a habit of torquing your irons sideways while in the up position. I'm not even sure how you'd manage that unless you were trying. I've never had any issues with my KAC's in any situation, from concrete bench to run and gun down in the dirt.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any side by side pics of the two.
    Last edited by motorolahamm; 04-09-12 at 07:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the side by side comp of the KAC 600M..

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Based on my experience with both, I'd strongly recommend the full size. I had a micro where the windage knob would click when you flipped the sight up and down. It wasn't consistent either. In other words, sometimes it would move two clicks when lowering the sight, but not click back when you raised the sight. See how this can be an issue? I've heard of others having the same issue. I sent the sight back to KAC. Their response was to send me a full-size.

micro:

full size:
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My 600M Micro's elevation adjustment stalk got loose while shooting and the peep sight portion of the stalk dropped off, never to be found again. I haven't bought a Micro since, but I keep buying the old style 600M BUIS

KAC sent me a replacement, but shipped via Fedex that required a signature. I couldn't be home to sign for it, and one day left work early to come home to wait for the Fedex guy, only to find he had got here earlier than the last two times. I was furious and called and got a refund
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I own both and honestly don't have a preference. IMO the size is negligible. Like has been said, the post is exactly the same so I don't notice while I'm shooting. The large knob is easier to adjust with gloves but that's the only real difference to me. I only own each type bc I got good deals on them at different times. I would just get whichever one I can find the best price on.