Thread: Does anyone make a 12.5" chrome-lined hammer forged NON-government profile barrel

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Does anyone make a 12.5" chrome-lined hammer forged NON-government profile barrel

As the title says, I am looking for a barrel with the following specs:
    - 12.5" length
    - chrome-lined
    - hammer forged
    - NON-government profile barrel. Either mid, S2W, heavy or lightweight. Anything but government.

The only one I have seen is Daniel Defense, but I don't see them in stock anywhere. Anybody know of any other makers?

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Centurion arms also makes one.

Feedback Score
    Centurion's LW is close to a Govt. profile as far as I can tell. IIRC, Monty referred to it as a "stretched govt. profile" in the old CA barrel thread. Noveske is it, if profile is a huge consideration. Can't go wrong with either, IMHO. I have both.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Roger that. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Centurion's LW is close to a Govt. profile as far as I can tell. IIRC, Monty referred to it as a "stretched govt. profile" in the old CA barrel thread. Noveske is it, if profile is a huge consideration. Can't go wrong with either, IMHO. I have both.
    While it's not a pencil-weight, the CA barrel profile does thin down in front of the gas block seat. Per pictures of both the Noveske and CA barrels, they actually appear to have a very similar profile.

CA barrel at Rainier

Noveske barrel (12.5" shown in additional pictures on the page)

I went with the CA barrel due to the slight taper that Monty had mentioned was added into the bore. I looked into this practice and it seems to have a positive effect on both accuracy and velocity. Not sure if Noveske has a similar internal construction.