Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: KAC buis micro or standard rear?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I am currently using the micro front and full size 200-600m rear- my objective was to keep the charging handle side of my carbine clean, and the standard size KAC does this, yet it gives me the full size windage knob on the opposite side- I love the set up- just my 2 cents.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    I've been putting it off but I'm definitely going to have to sawp my Troys for the Micros...the Troys are so much bigger when you compare the two...
    Indeed

But I do believe Troy builds theirs following a different philosophy, they are very robust, almost as strong as non-folding sights, whereas KAC's are staying true to the backup part of the BUIS, in that they don't need to be full sized since they get used only in rare occasions. I've been wanting to create a set of backup sights that are so small and light, one can hardly notice its presence.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    I've been wanting to create a set of backup sights that are so small and light, one can hardly notice its presence.
    Gonna be pretty hard to get any less obtrusive than the KAC 300m. I'll be interested in seeing what you come up with.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I own both and honestly don't have a preference. IMO the size is negligible. Like has been said, the post is exactly the same so I don't notice while I'm shooting. The large knob is easier to adjust with gloves but that's the only real difference to me. I only own each type bc I got good deals on them at different times. I would just get whichever one I can find the best price on.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Indeed

You just had to go and do that...

Just found one NIB on the EE for $99 though Now I just need to find a good deal on a front Micro...

Feedback Score
    I picked up the standard m4 flip up front in taupe, and decided to try the micro 200-600m.

Part of me thinks I should of just bought an Aimpoint T1/H1, with the amount I paid.

All that's left for my build is a SOPMOD stock ;-) and an optic

Feedback Score
    Apologies about bumping a three year old thread, but it seemed relevant enough to include this content rather than starting an entirely new thread.

I'm considering a full size/standard rear sight to use with some regularity on my precision AR, but have questions of fit.

I'll be putting the rear sight underneath a Primary Arms 4-14x44mm scope on a Bobro QD mount (mount height: 1.420 from top of 1913 to tube center).

The two sights look to be the same height folded, so it *should* work, but I wanted to double check here. I'm pretty ignorant about all this, so there may be something obvious I'm missing.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    I have KAC standard and Micro 300M rears and they will both clear any scope I've seen. The windage knob is far enough off centerline to not be a problem.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123