Thread: EAA Witness .40 Full size shooting low

Feedback Score

EAA Witness .40 Full size shooting low

I took my brand new EAA Witness .40 S&W to the range last week and put 100 rounds of 180gr Federal HST through it. Not a single malfunction was experienced.

However, I had my target set up at 7 yards and the gun was shooting quite low. I would estimate 2-3" low from my point of aim. My brother shot it as well and had the same issue. Note that I was covering the bullseye with the dot on the front sight, not placing it on top of the sight.

Is there any way I can Adjust my sights to fix this issue?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Have you confirmed the sights are accurate/inaccurate...i.e. have you shot it from a rest? What kind of gun do you typically shoot?
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 04-08-12 at 22:17.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    I have not shot it from a rest. I usually shoot a Springfield XD-9 service.

Feedback Score
    Try to see if they will send you a lower front sight, file yours down and paint a dot if you want, or make a slight triangle sight picture with the front and rear sights.

I always thought EAA Witness pistols seemed cool but they have always had a lot of hit or miss owner feedback.

Feedback Score
    Unless you have one of the competition models the front sight is part of the slide. The rear sight is dovetailed and it can be changed out. The prior poster is correct about EAA pistols and CS.