Thread: New M&P 9mm Threaded barrel

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

New M&P 9mm Threaded barrel

I have a Gemtech 9mm suppressor that I purchased from a member that I have been looking for gun to use with it. I found an M&P 9 mm, and it came with a threaded barrel and standard barrel. The CAN threaded on nicely so I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots tomorrow.

Couple questions:

What after market sights are there that sit a little higher that don't cost a fortune like Hiennes, which would be perfect IMHO.

What APEX trigger set up am I supposed to get? I bought a couple items years ago when they were just getting set up. So whats the drill on this these days?

Range report tomorrow night.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My wife has an M&P9 that she shoots quiet regularly. As for the sights, she hasn't settled on a set of aftermarket ones yet so the stock sights are good enough at the moment.

The APEX trigger upgrades are a must though. She got the DCAEK, RAM, and their enhanced extractor as well. She loves the trigger now, particularly the reset. I would guess that the gun has around 2000 rounds through it at the moment with little cleaning, and no malfunctions of any kind since the new extractor was installed. The gun also does not show the characteristic early-unlocking that the standard 9mm M&P9s are know for.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontgomery View Post
    My wife has an M&P9 that she shoots quiet regularly. As for the sights, she hasn't settled on a set of aftermarket ones yet so the stock sights are good enough at the moment.

The APEX trigger upgrades are a must though. She got the DCAEK, RAM, and their enhanced extractor as well. She loves the trigger now, particularly the reset. I would guess that the gun has around 2000 rounds through it at the moment with little cleaning, and no malfunctions of any kind since the new extractor was installed. The gun also does not show the characteristic early-unlocking that the standard 9mm M&P9s are know for.
    What is early unlocking?
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The alleged cause of the accuracy problems in 9mm M&Ps, which is noticeable depending on user skillset, at 25 yards. Early unlocking refers to when during the firing cycle the barrel unlocks from the slide during its rearward movement. This problem doesn't exist in the 40 and 45 caliber versions.

www.dawsonprecision.com for sights. MANY different height options, and cost is very good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a factory threaded barrel in my M&P.....shoots great and is reliable with my Trident9. I use the standard sights since I don't shoot it suppressed enough to want dedicated high sights.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wahoo95; 04-06-12 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    I know with my Glock 19 and GemTech MultiMount, the factory sights are below the suppressor, but it shoots exactly where you point it. Only thing Id be concerned with, with higher suppressor sights would be possible snag issues as you draw your weapon, should you carry that for your normal carry weapon.

Stupid question tho-would that cause a major "height over bore issue"?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The new VTAC sights would work in terms of getting you a clear sight pic above the can

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Or you could just open both eyes and use the stock sights. They work just fine.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    The new VTAC sights would work in terms of getting you a clear sight pic above the can

They were quickly sold off my vtac... Sights were too busy and looking through the fibers always shot low. Had to us the tritium ones all the time for propper sight picture/shot placement
    Last edited by mikeith; 04-09-12 at 08:48.