Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many platforms do you have?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

How many platforms do you have?

Right now I shoot 1911s and Glock 19s. I have 500 for a new gun budget.

I have 3 1911s; trainer, vetted carry gun, backup. I have 2 Glocks gen 3 19s; trainer, and carry gun.

I would like to try the M&P 9mm as it points like the 1911 with cost coefficient of the glocks. I like most tend to shoot the 1911 least worst, due to the trigger and ease of pointability.

Am I crazy for wanting to add another pistol platform? I would have to buy all the support gear for the m&p but the ttps aren't any different than the glocks (assuming I buy one with out the thumb safety).

Plus G and R has a smokn deal on the m&p and I am too lazy to track down a pre 2010 g 19 inter webs.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post

I have 3 1911s; trainer, vetted carry gun, backup. I have 2 Glocks gen 3 19s; trainer, and carry gun.

I would like to try the M&P 9mm as it points like the 1911 with cost coefficient of the glocks. I like most tend to shoot the 1911 least worst, due to the trigger and ease of pointability.

Am I crazy for wanting to add another pistol platform? I would have to buy all the support gear for the m&p but the ttps aren't any different than the glocks (assuming I buy one with out the thumb safety).

Plus G and R has a smokn deal on the m&p and I am too lazy to track down a pre 2010 g 19 inter webs.

Not crazy in the least. I have high end 1911's, Glock's, Sig's, HK's, M&P's, Hi-Powers, etc. So if you have the money, pick up another one.

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post

How about 500 bucks towards 2.5 cases of 9mm to practice with the two glocks you've got, especially if they're running just fine?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt O View Post
    How about 500 bucks towards 2.5 cases of 9mm to practice with the two glocks you've got, especially if they're running just fine?
    I already have a training budget. The gun budget is separate of the training budget.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm not good enough at one system platform to go monkeying around with more, and I don't have the overall budget to have a training budget separate from a gun budget.

I've sold guns to buy ammo or attend a class, and I still have the same three ARs I've had for 5+ years. I just bought a new bone stock Glock and am selling one of my Boresight Solutions Glocks to offset that cost.

I'm one of those odd gunowners though. I don't buy guns to have them, nor do I derive any joy from owning them. If I want a new one it's because the ones I have aren't doing something I need them to, or because I believe a new one will do something better. They are all a means to an end, and the mid-point to that end is launching a projectile.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Not crazy in the least. I have high end 1911's, Glock's, Sig's, HK's, M&P's, Hi-Powers, etc. So if you have the money, pick up another one.

C4

Thanks Grant!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm not good enough at one system platform to go monkeying around with more, and I don't have the overall budget to have a training budget separate from a gun budget.

I've sold guns to buy ammo or attend a class, and I still have the same three ARs I've had for 5+ years. I just bought a new bone stock Glock and am selling one of my Boresight Solutions Glocks to offset that cost.

I'm one of those odd gunowners though. I don't buy guns to have them, nor do I derive any joy from owning them. If I want a new one it's because the ones I have aren't doing something I need them to, or because I believe a new one will do something better. They are all a means to an end, and the mid-point to that end is launching a projectile.
    I fall into both enjoying/collecting guns and training with certain ones too. I just bought a Winchester 1894 in 44 mag because I didn't have a lever gun (my enjoyment collection side). I have other handguns than glocks and 1911s for fun but not to train with as a carry platform. With that said I do understand exactly what you are saying Rob, I sold an lmt mws to attend EAGs shoot house class last year. Well worth it!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How many different platforms? Shit I think I have at least a dozen different platform designs including revolvers, sticking with just 9mm, .40, and .45 I am looking at at least 7 platforms, P7M8, USP, 1911, Glock, Beretta 92, P89, and a Colt Double Eagle(Doesn't get shot much though). Yeah you aren't doing two bad with only 2 looking at 3.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    selling one of my Boresight Solutions Glocks to offset that cost.
    Possibly interested.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    You're pretty much the same as me. I only shoot Glock 19s and 1911s.

I carry a Glock 19 and train with one, but I shoot my 1911s when I get bored with my Glocks (not hard to do after 10+ years).

I know I'm in the minority, but I just can't fathom how anyone could [practically] shoot a 1911 so much better than a Glock.

Don't get me wrong, I love 1911s, but when it comes down to actually runnin' the gun, I almost hate 'em. I think the Glock grip angle is one of the best things goin' for it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast