Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6920 vs. 6920 Magpul MOE

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

6920 vs. 6920 Magpul MOE

I'm new to ARs, and leaning towards Colt. I was checking out 6920 configs, and it seems like the price difference between stock 6920 and the Magpul version ranges from as little as $30 (G&R) to ~$70.

For that price difference, is there any reason not to go with the MOE version, unless you really dislike the MOE furniture?

Any ballpark estimates of how much it would cost to upgrade a stock 6920 with the Magpul parts, after factoring in what you'd get for selling off the stock parts?

Also, my understanding is that any new 6920s coming out of Colt are marked LE6920 and M4 Carbine - i.e., not more SP6920 or Sporter marks. Is that correct?
    Last edited by evilblackrifle; 04-10-12 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The 6920MP should be marked with an LE prefix serial number. I recently picked up a LT6720MP-FDE and it has an LE prefix and M4 rollmark.

I'd check BCM or G&R for the pricing on MOE furniture but if you intend to use MOE stuff, I think it's worth getting the MP models.
    Last edited by jeffreywt; 04-10-12 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Grab it while you can.. The MOE version is nice.. JMO.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine just picked up the same rifle as Jeffery, only in Black. It has the LE SN and M4 roll mark. Very nice edition of the Colt AR, run and get one ASAP.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Friend purchased 6920 MOE - SP prefix from Sportsmans Warehouse for $999.97 a few weeks ago.

Hell of a deal.
    "Run fast. Shoot straight. Die proud." -Boba Fett

Trample the weak. Hurdle the dead.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems." -Ryan Job

Feedback Score
    Got mine a few weeks ago and it has LE and M4 rollmarks. Mine was on the rack at Wal Mart for $1097.00. Has been flawless. All I want now is an Aimpoint Pro or EOTech XPS2 to go on top. Haven't quite made up my mind there yet.

kenken

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kenken View Post
    Got mine a few weeks ago and it has LE and M4 rollmarks. Mine was on the rack at Wal Mart for $1097.00. Has been flawless. All I want now is an Aimpoint Pro or EOTech XPS2 to go on top. Haven't quite made up my mind there yet.

kenken
    Same here and I also just got a 300 blackout upper and ammo came today

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    If you like the MOE stock and grip I would get it. I recently bought a 6940 and switched out the grip and stock with the MOE. I like it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilblackrifle View Post
    I'm new to ARs, and leaning towards Colt. I was checking out 6920 configs, and it seems like the price difference between stock 6920 and the Magpul version ranges from as little as $30 (G&R) to ~$70.

For that price difference, is there any reason not to go with the MOE version, unless you really dislike the MOE furniture?

Any ballpark estimates of how much it would cost to upgrade a stock 6920 with the Magpul parts, after factoring in what you'd get for selling off the stock parts?

Also, my understanding is that any new 6920s coming out of Colt are marked LE6920 and M4 Carbine - i.e., not more SP6920 or Sporter marks. Is that correct?
    Figure about $150 for the all the Magpul parts on the 6920MP version. I can't speculate on what the removed accessories would sell for.

Personally, I'd get the stock 6920, shoot it, and then see if you still want the Magpul accessories.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilblackrifle View Post

For the price difference on the low end you can add a moe grip or fore-end to the stock rifle, at the high end you can add a moe stock to the stock rifle.

To get all 3 for essentially the price of one component, I say why not. There are plenty of A2 pistol grips and stocks floating around that if it turns out you don't like the moe you can still come out ahead buying and selling to switch between the two.

I'd say if you have an inkling of possibly liking magpul furniture I'd spend the extra ~$70 on the top end for that package. If it turns out you don't like the magpul stuff, you might be able to get your money back for the added magpul goodies.
    OEF X-XI

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast