Moe grip $20.95
    Moe handguard $29.95
    Mvg $19.95
    Mbus $57.95
    Moe trigger guard $8.95
    Grand total: $197.70

So yes to me its 100% worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy-Reticle View Post
    Friend purchased 6920 MOE - SP prefix from Sportsmans Warehouse for $999.97 a few weeks ago.

Hell of a deal.
    I did the same, it was a hell of a deal, I couldnt pass on it.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 04-10-12 at 21:42.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The MOE version also saves you the cost of a BUIS for your optic if you choose to go that route. I do like the carry handle sight though.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    I'd check BCM or G&R for the pricing on MOE furniture but if you intend to use MOE stuff, I think it's worth getting the MP models.
    I'm new to ARs, so I can't say for certain that I'd switch to MOE if got the base 6920. But for the price differential, I'd hate to pass on the MOE version and then find that I want to upgrade to MOE parts.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteadyUp View Post
    Figure about $150 for the all the Magpul parts on the 6920MP version. I can't speculate on what the removed accessories would sell for.

Personally, I'd get the stock 6920, shoot it, and then see if you still want the Magpul accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokr21 View Post
    For the price difference on the low end you can add a moe grip or fore-end to the stock rifle, at the high end you can add a moe stock to the stock rifle.

To get all 3 for essentially the price of one component, I say why not. There are plenty of A2 pistol grips and stocks floating around that if it turns out you don't like the moe you can still come out ahead buying and selling to switch between the two.

I'd say if you have an inkling of possibly liking magpul furniture I'd spend the extra ~$70 on the top end for that package. If it turns out you don't like the magpul stuff, you might be able to get your money back for the added magpul goodies.
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    Heres a list of all the extras that come with the 6920-mp
    Just going off of magpul's retail:
    Moe stock $59.95
    Moe grip $20.95
    Moe handguard $29.95
    Mvg $19.95
    Mbus $57.95
    Moe trigger guard $8.95
    Grand total: $197.70

So yes to me its 100% worth it.
    Thanks for quantifying things.

Yeah, seems like if I wanted to swap out some of the MOE stuff, it would be easy to find base 6920 parts since so many guys are upgrading and selling off these parts.
    Last edited by evilblackrifle; 04-11-12 at 02:37.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    The MOE version also saves you the cost of a BUIS for your optic if you choose to go that route. I do like the carry handle sight though.
    Great point.

For someone not using an optic, how does the MOE BUIS compare to the stock carry handle sight?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get this http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....W-Colt-LE-6920 or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....olt-LE-6920-MP or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....W-Colt-AR-6720 or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....-GLT-6720MPFDE and be done with it.
    Otherwise you'll end up wasting time discussing "what about getting "x" or "y" or maybe "z" and the quality rifles will be "out of stock" and you end up asking us if RRA, BM, CMMG, DPMS, DelTon, Olympia, etc. is as good as... and we end up doing facepalms! Like my daddy use to say, "Shit or get off the pot."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilblackrifle View Post
    Great point.

For someone not using an optic, how does the MOE BUIS compare to the stock carry handle sight?
    If you are planning on just using irons don't get a folding back up iron sight (BUIS). They are back ups. If you are gonna use irons as your primary sight get a good fixed one like a carry handle, LMT, or at the minimum the Daniel Defense/Larue type.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokr21 View Post
    For the price difference on the low end you can add a moe grip or fore-end to the stock rifle, at the high end you can add a moe stock to the stock rifle.

To get all 3 for essentially the price of one component, I say why not. There are plenty of A2 pistol grips and stocks floating around that if it turns out you don't like the moe you can still come out ahead buying and selling to switch between the two.

I'd say if you have an inkling of possibly liking magpul furniture I'd spend the extra ~$70 on the top end for that package. If it turns out you don't like the magpul stuff, you might be able to get your money back for the added magpul goodies.
    +1. Seems like a decent way to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by evilblackrifle View Post

Also, my understanding is that any new 6920s coming out of Colt are marked LE6920 and M4 Carbine - i.e., not more SP6920 or Sporter marks. Is that correct?
    I just bought a SP6920 (per the box) and the serial # is SPxxxx, but "sporter" appears nowhere on the rifle. It's marked M4 Carbine, 5.56mm. Also noticed that the manufacturer is "Colt Defense" Not Colt Manufacturing LLC.

I realize that they are the same rifle, but I like not seeing that "sporter" roll mark.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    Get this http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....W-Colt-LE-6920 or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....olt-LE-6920-MP or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....W-Colt-AR-6720 or this
    http://www.ratworxusa.com/pagDetail....-GLT-6720MPFDE and be done with it.
    Otherwise you'll end up wasting time discussing "what about getting "x" or "y" or maybe "z" and the quality rifles will be "out of stock" and you end up asking us if RRA, BM, CMMG, DPMS, DelTon, Olympia, etc. is as good as... and we end up doing facepalms! Like my daddy use to say, "Shit or get off the pot."
    Thanks for the links.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast