Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remanufactured Ammo

Feedback Score

Remanufactured Ammo

What does remanufactured ammo mean?

Is it safe to use for plinking?

Feedback Score
    Remanufactured means the ammo is once fired hence reloads. If the company that made the ammo has a good rep it should be fine. But be warned there are several companies that make mistakes. If you do not know where the ammo came from be careful when shooting it.

Feedback Score
    You can also reload your own ammo

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Black Hills remanufactured....top notch.

Georgia Arms remanufactured....decent plinking ammo.

Maine Cartridge.........run, run away.

Feedback Score
    ONLY REMAN I use is Black Hills only I love there Blue Box 77gr and 75
    Hell I like them all!

Dont buy ULTRAMAX for your Nice M4

Back in the day to keep it cheap I would buy M193 or Q3131 by Winchester
    you can buy surplus M193 Like IMG
    I found the IMG to be pretty good stuff and it shoots just like the Q3131

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Use caution when buying remanufactured ammo. In my experience remanufactured ammo blows up *a lot* more firearms than new factory ammo.

I had a .45 remanufactured round from Houston Cartridge Company blow up a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special 1911. And spent the better part of a year getting Houston Cartridge Company to take responsiblity for their double charged round.

Last year I went through 6,000 rounds of Georgia Arms Canned heat in .223. Good ammo, so I thought...... Earlier this week I received an email showing pics of a destroyed AR15 (upper receiver excessively bulged, bottom of magazine blown out the bottom, etc) caused by the G.A. Canned Heat .223. From the pics my guess would be that the round was double charged. This was the 3rd or 4th kaboom I had seen using the G.A. Canned Heat .223 in the last couple months.

Generally I stay away from remanufactured ammo. The ONLY exception now being the Black Hills Blue Box (remanufactured ammo).

The few dollars you save by using remanufactured ammo will NOT replace your firearm if the remanufactured ammo blows up your gun.

Feedback Score
    I am with USMC03, I have spent too much money on my Black Rifles to blow it up saving a $1.00 a box on cheep manufactured ammo. It just ain't worth it to me. I have been using XM193 from Lake City for the last four years with years with no problems what so ever. It is not the cheapest but I have the security knowing that I am feeding my rifles one of the best cheep ammo that can be had.
    "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I hadn't heard about the Kabooms with GA canned heat 5.56mm.....good to know, thanks!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    A few weeks ago I fixed a RRA rifle that had catastrophic case failure. It blew out the side of the case upon extraction. Luckily only the magazine, bolt, cam pin, and firing pin was the only damage.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I still have about 1000 rounds of canned heat left. I bought it about 4 months ago I also hear that HSM is GTG they have a pretty good rep and will make you any kind of load you can think of. I know there was a group buy of this stuff on that other site. http://thehuntingshack.com/
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast