Quote Originally Posted by Templar
I hadn't heard about the Kabooms with GA canned heat 5.56mm.....good to know, thanks!

I never heard of ANY problems with Georgia Arms remanufactured .223 (heard of a few problems with their reman .308 and pistol cailbers...no kabooms, just potential problems due to the brass that was use, bullets seated too far back, etc, etc.) until the last few months.

When I place a large group order of .223 Canned Heat back in late 2004, I asked the gal about any problems. She told me that they had never had one of their rounds blow up a rifle (I take this with a grain of salt because Ultramax and Maine Cartridge Company will tell you the same thing). She went onto state that they have a $1 million insurance policy and that if anything did go wrong with one of their remanufactured round they would replace / repair the firearm and any damage caused to the shooter.

I have not heard any further info as to how Georgia Arms has treated the customers that have had the Canned Heat ammo blow up their guns. Hopefully Georgia Arms is taking steps to correct the problem and will make things right with the shooters that have damaged guns due to their ammo.

Yet another reason to stay with quality American made new manufactured ammo.