Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Remanufactured Ammo

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar
    I hadn't heard about the Kabooms with GA canned heat 5.56mm.....good to know, thanks!

I never heard of ANY problems with Georgia Arms remanufactured .223 (heard of a few problems with their reman .308 and pistol cailbers...no kabooms, just potential problems due to the brass that was use, bullets seated too far back, etc, etc.) until the last few months.

When I place a large group order of .223 Canned Heat back in late 2004, I asked the gal about any problems. She told me that they had never had one of their rounds blow up a rifle (I take this with a grain of salt because Ultramax and Maine Cartridge Company will tell you the same thing). She went onto state that they have a $1 million insurance policy and that if anything did go wrong with one of their remanufactured round they would replace / repair the firearm and any damage caused to the shooter.

I have not heard any further info as to how Georgia Arms has treated the customers that have had the Canned Heat ammo blow up their guns. Hopefully Georgia Arms is taking steps to correct the problem and will make things right with the shooters that have damaged guns due to their ammo.

Yet another reason to stay with quality American made new manufactured ammo.

Feedback Score
    USMC03 - can you share any of the links/pics on canned heat kabooms?

I was just looking at that ammo recently.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I don't have links. 2 of them were emails that I have since erased.

Sorry

Feedback Score
    I have 850 rounds of Wolf left from my inital ammo buy when I purchased my new AR.

After the 850 rounds of Wolf is gone I will be on the Lake City train and I ain't getting off.

Feedback Score
    Knightstar- the "X" in XM means that the particular lot was rejeceted. A while back it could have been for cosmetic reasons- lately it seems like there are many other varied and serious issues for rejection, showing a lack of QC.
    We had issues with a lot of XM193. We sent it back to the factory. It tested out at 62kpsi. That is like firing an almost proof load everytime you press the trigger.
    Any time you shoot anything with an "X" you are rolling the dice. You have had good luck (as have i in the past), but i an very cynical when it comes to guns and ammunition.
    I sell BH ammo as a service to students attending my classes, so i am biased.
    However, i sell it because it is the best i have seen.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel
    USMC03 - can you share any of the links/pics on canned heat kabooms?

I was just looking at that ammo recently.

Thanks in advance.
    DON'T buy that crap...

Mace

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is very surprising to hear about Canned Heat. I have shot at least seven or eight cases of it in the past twenty-four months with absolutely no issues. My only problem with it was the price hikes considering it is remanufactured. I stopped buying it because of this. I was willing the pay slightly more for new ammo.

It was a great deal when it was relatively cheap.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Knightstar- the "X" in XM means that the particular lot was rejeceted. A while back it could have been for cosmetic reasons- lately it seems like there are many other varied and serious issues for rejection, showing a lack of QC.
    We had issues with a lot of XM193. We sent it back to the factory. It tested out at 62kpsi. That is like firing an almost proof load everytime you press the trigger.
    Any time you shoot anything with an "X" you are rolling the dice. You have had good luck (as have i in the past), but i an very cynical when it comes to guns and ammunition.
    I sell BH ammo as a service to students attending my classes, so i am biased.
    However, i sell it because it is the best i have seen.
    This is the only XM193 I will buy I stay away from anything packed in a loose carton. I have been through over 5000 rounds with only one round being not seated deep enough. I would love to shoot only Black Hills ammo but as much as I shoot it is not cost effective to do so. Just giving my recommendations from a load I use with good results.
    "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    Knightstar- the ammo in question came from an identical box- different lot number- not loose.
    Shoot what you wish- i am only relating what i personally observed from an agency that purchased 10k rounds of the stuff.
    Understand about cost. However, all ammo will increase appx 40% shortly, and the damage to a gun from bad ammo or worse, and injury to you ot another makes it false economy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Knightstar- the ammo in question came from an identical box- different lot number- not loose.
    Shoot what you wish- i am only relating what i personally observed from an agency that purchased 10k rounds of the stuff.
    Understand about cost. However, all ammo will increase appx 40% shortly, and the damage to a gun from bad ammo or worse, and injury to you ot another makes it false economy.
    Thanks, I will take it under advisement.
    "If we ever forget that we're One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast