Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Remanufactured Ammo

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne
    Grant.

I was there and witnessed the kaboom with Canned Heat. I let the individual borrow my rifle to finish the class.

I will not use GA Arms Canned Heat in my rifles.
    Thanks.

C4

Feedback Score
    Here's a picture of BH 55 gr FMJ remanufactured and BH 60 gr SP new:

Which would you prefer to shoot in your AR, and why?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaMO
    Here's a picture of BH 55 gr FMJ remanufactured and BH 60 gr SP new:

Which would you prefer to shoot in your AR, and why?

For a 1/7 twist weapon, blue box 77gr. Don't need shiny brass (which is what your paying for with the red box).

C4

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    For a 1/7 twist weapon, blue box 77gr. Don't need shiny brass (which is what your paying for with the red box).
    C4
    Isn't Blue Box "remanufactured" meaning reloaded using once-fired brass while Red Box is manufactured using virgin brass? The Red Box cartridges also appear to have sealed primers while those in the Blue Box do not.

In answer to the question, the soft point rounds might get their tips deformed during the feed cycle as they are stripped from the mag and make their way into the chamber. At worst, there might be a FTF; at best, loss of accuracy.

If you gave them to me for free, I would shoot them both.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score
    I pick the 55 gr remanufactured because they use military brass and have the primers crimped in which is kinda hard to tell, the 55 gr FMJ also have a cannelure which is not present on the 60 grain soft points, not visible in pic - sorry.

My remanufactured ammo from Black Hills always looks shiney as new, they've done a great job on the stuff I have bought.

I have some Federal XM193 that has some black stuff on some cases, anybody know what it might be?:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345