Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT CQB MRP 16 vs. KAC SR 15 E

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^^Duly noted....didn't realize I was making absolute statements

Now, if you or anyone else wishes to dispute what little I wrote in the reply above....please feel free to correct me.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Both nice guns, I really like both companies products. I would give the edge to KAC due to weight and recoil. There are many other factors at play, but thats my thought.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    I know Army SF have used some MRP CQB 12"s in action.

If you read between the lines, the British SAS are using MWSs with 13.5" barrels, suppressors, and a F/A lower.
    And how many of KAC's weapons and accessories have been in use by USSOCOM units over the years?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClearedHot View Post
    And how many of KAC's weapons and accessories have been in use by USSOCOM units over the years?
    By the same token, LMT is also a Government contractor. How many of their M203's or other LMT parts/accessories have been used?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Let's not forget LMT makes many of the parts KAC uses.

Its like arguing which high quality firearms manufacturer is higher quality. Just different flavors of the same drink.

The simple fact is, just because you buy something that has a company name on it, don't assume that company made it. Everyone is in bed with everyone else. This isn't a bad thing, as the rifles that are produced are some of the highest quality ever.

Feedback Score
    I can't speak for the KAC personally since I have never fired or held the SR15. I have shot several friends LMTs and I was very pleased from how they handled, to the craftsmanship they are built with. Now I just ordered my MRP piston rifle just a few weeks ago for a hell of a deal well under their MSRP, just 160 more than their regular MRP. I can't wait to get home and see how well mine shoots. Like other members have said both are excellent weapons, what sold me on the LMT was the ability to swap out barrels or go back to a DI system with the simple removal of two bolts. I wanted a high end ar with not just a upgrade here and there, but a truly different way of thinking that sets it apart from the other brands.
    Last edited by zack991; 04-12-12 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I dont know what one I would pick. I own an MRP and I love it but, the long slim rail on the KAC looks nice. I think the only regret I have at all about my MRP is I wish I had goten the rifle length.

I like the fact that my MRP is a one piece upper it feels real solid and I can swap the operating system and caliber real quick. It uses a standard BCG.

Oh and LMT gave me a military discount, I dont know if KAC does that.

Jon
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Very new/old guy here - after watching all the AR's fly off the dealer shelves, I went with an LMT, although the KAC felt wonderful, when I closed my eyes & handled them all (including Noveske, Colt, LWRC & DD - didn't even bother with BM, DPMS, RR etc.), the LMT felt like I was holding a women in my arms, so there was no contest.
    I did really like the light weight of the KAC alot, but I'm going to be doing more BR shooting than anything else, so the solid feel of the LMT was perfect for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    1. I really like the mono rail on the MRP. I know it's not likely the URX will come loose, but it can, and I don't like that. I also like how narrow the standard MRP rail is. I personally don't need it to be any smaller. Want a slick rail? Well you can get an MRP like that now too.

2. I like the versatility the MRP platform offers. I don't swap barrels around, but if I ever burn one out then it's a two minute fix...and if I ever feel like running a different barrel length, then again, it's a two minute job. For example; if I want to take my SBR MRP out of state and don't feel like foolin with paperwork...then I can just throw on a 16" barrel and go.

Also, like said before...I have number of different calibers available to me on the MRP platform should I feel like using one of them. I can buy or create any carbine barrel length I want...10.5", 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16", or could run a 16" or 14.5" mid-length barrel....and can have it in piston or DI.

3. I can replace to bolt on an MRP for $60. I can replace the barrel on the MRP for about $300.

I guess I personally prefer the MRP because it can pretty much morph into any configuration I would ever want...and it's quickly and easily 100% serviceable by ME.

All that said, I believe you'd be very happy with either! I think it's impossible to say one is better than the other...they are just different flavors of the best.

Last edited by MikeCLeonard; 04-12-12 at 10:42.

Feedback Score
    I really like my MRP because it just feels so solid and with the added bonus of being extremely modular.

I never owned a SR-15 complete rifle but I have owned a URX2 upper it was a nice lightweight low recoiling rifle with the extended midlength gas system. I sold it a couple of months ago and bought a Colt 6920.

I'm waiting for KAC to start shipping their uppers with the URX3 rifle length rails since I really want a longer slimmer profile handgaurd. I wasn't willing to pay the cost that they wanted for a barrel nut wrench to change it myself or willing ship it out. With the added cost I decided to sell wait and buy new.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast