Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olympic Arms K22 Rimfire Match review

Feedback Score

Olympic Arms K22 Rimfire Match review

I couldn't find a review on it anywhere, so I just went ahead and bought it. I just got it in the mail. I have to make the disclaimer that I am not a expert at firearms.

First impression was very good. It fit perfectly into my Rock River arms match lower. So good that you don't need the wedge.

Scoped the rifling on the stainless steel barrel. Excellent rifling and very smooth.

Receiver is all aluminum and bolt is all steel. Charge handle is aluminum. Below are some pictures.

One negative about olympic arms is the magazine is different from the other manufacturers. See picture below. Top magazine is what came with the upper.

It looks like they solved the issues that Wildcat showed in the old posts. Firing pin comes out far but not far enough to hit the breech. The chamfer on the extract slot is sharp. Bottom of the bolt is ramped so that it does not scratch up the magazine. I don't see any contact between the magazine and bolt.

I live in the city. It will take me a couple of weeks before I can get to a range. I need to look at spacing between the rim of cartridge and bolt, how it extracts, try all the different ammos. I plan to put a 1000 rounds through it at the range.

Feedback Score
    Welcome, and thanks for sharing.

Expect some razzing about certain brand names mentioned shortly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hell of a first post...

I'll just save you some time.

Click This:
    (also found at the top of the page) and do a ton of reading. There should be a rule of "or every thousand rounds you shoot, you get to make one post."
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Good Call

Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post

"Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

“A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.”
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score

ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by jay35 View Post
    Wait.... How did you get my high school picture? Ha ha ha.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    To the original poster, the following replies were those of people who like to keep their heads in their asses and can be ignored.

Guys, he's talking about a .22 conversion upper, not some 1/4 MOA 5.56 upper he's bought. This is a range toy and for fun not for end of the world robot uprising. There are only so many .22 conversions to pick from and in this case I see nothing wrong with the choice he made. And then he took the time to review it and put pictures up.

So what's the problem here, is it with you or with him? I'm gonna guess it's you.

Just like someone buying a .40 S&W upper, would you berate them for not buying Noveske when the only choice is Rock River or Oly Arms?
    Police work: If it were easy it would be called your mom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cj5_dude View Post
    To the original poster, the following replies were those of people who like to keep their heads in their asses and can be ignored.

Guys, he's talking about a .22 conversion upper, not some 1/4 MOA 5.56 upper he's bought. This is a range toy and for fun not for end of the world robot uprising. There are only so many .22 conversions to pick from and in this case I see nothing wrong with the choice he made. And then he took the time to review it and put pictures up.

So what's the problem here, is it with you or with him? I'm gonna guess it's you.

Just like someone buying a .40 S&W upper, would you berate them for not buying Noveske when the only choice is Rock River or Oly Arms?
    Seems like its all in good humor to me...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Welcome ModifiedRocket,

As you can tell, there is not a lot of respect here for Olympic Arms. They probably have one of the worst reputations as a
    gun maker but...hopefully, their .22 Uppers are better than their AR's. Being made out of aluminum is a plus versus the plastic big-name options available.

As a review, we generally like to get the info you included plus something along the lines of...
    - All of the controls are identical and function just like a standard AR.
    - I paid $125 for the new complete Upper.
    - fired 3000 rounds without a malfunction of mixed brand ammo without cleaning the gun.
    - best 10-shot group at 50-yards was .1217" with surplus Polish ammo
    - mags were easy to load, functioned perfectly, and spares cost $5 each.
    - the gun was very dirty after firing a 3000 rounds but it disassembled and wiped cleaned easily.
    - A lot of dirt did drop down into my lower but I was able to blow it out with compressed air.
    - blah blah blah

After you get 5 or 6 bricks through the gun, please update your review.

Thanks
    Last edited by ucrt; 04-14-12 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrt View Post
    As you can tell, there is not a lot of respect here for Olympic Arms. They probably have one of the worst reputations as a
    gun maker but...hopefully, their .22 Uppers are better than their AR's. Being made out of aluminum is a plus versus the plastic big-name options available.
    I've heard more bad than good with Olympic Arms.
    FWIW, I have a 16" SS Ultramatch Oly barrel and I'd take the pepsi challenge with about any other barrel. I even had a police friend that had an Oly Arms carbine he used for patrol and never one malfunction. While the rifles aren't my first choice, every price point serves a niche.

And their all case hardened 1911 looks like a piece of art. What was the purchase price BTW?
    Ask the Native Americans what happens when you dont control immagration.

Hi, we're America. We build Monster Trucks for fun. We devoloped a Top Fuel dragster, 0-330MPH in under 5 seconds... cus we were bored. Piss us off, and see what we build... -Christopher Titus on War and Terrorism

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast