Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for pictures of the Alleycat Vest

Feedback Score
    Am I correct in viewing this pic, that this is the 6 mag split? If so would the 4 mag split have room on both sides for pouches for lights and or knives, maybe a pistol mag as well..... Really great looking work...

Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    Yeah, the kydex inserts are to give you retention without a flap, and even without the shock cord. I will typically prep a couple of cords to the side when I train. Never had anything fall out. And yes, the kydex does some other things too. It does give the pouch much more rigidity, so re-loading a mag into it is a lot easier. And it gives a better base for attaching pistol mags or whatever, cuz it doesn't sag like a unsupported pouch.

Here's the new hydro pouch for the "Hawkeye" rig. I replaced the PALS webbing with shock cord, which keeps the bladder supported in tight.

Feedback Score
    Well, yeah, that's sorta the whole point to this rig. With the split front and the lumbar panel, you now have a wrap-around PALS system. It all depends on your torso measurements. I'm 5'11" 165 lbs and a 6-mag rig leaves me 2 slots on the side panels, plus the 6 slots on the lumbar panel. So I can still get a BOK or radio pouch on the side panels and have plenty of room in the back. With a 4-mag rig I have 4 slots per side plus the back.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    That is one of the nicest chest rigs I have ever seen. Wow!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Diz, best way to contact you re: one of your rigs?

Feedback Score
    Hey rob_s:

The best way is to shoot me an e-mail at home. Sometimes I don't get back around to all the forums in a timely matter.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    The Alleycat is now called the Minuteman. This was Hawkeye's idea, and I like it. More accurately describes it's purpose in life.

This is the latest version, a split front, 4-mag, with kydex, and "H" harness, in RG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice indeed, I'm really digging those kydex inserts!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Very nice indeed, I'm really digging those kydex inserts!
    The inserts really are nice. They provide more than enough retention, but you can still readily withdraw the mags. Some that I have tried with other rigs/brands make removing the mags difficult sometimes.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Hey Diz I can't find an email addy for you. I'm interested in a cpl of your items and need contact info, thanx.

Feedback Score
    Here is my first rig from Diz...looking good with the two tone!
    There are those straps from the EE made from sjauch...
    Pouches are emdom...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast