Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Looking for pictures of the Alleycat Vest

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    A few more pics. Here's a 6-mag rig up close. You'll notice I tacked the pouches down in between, as opposed to the solid front of the Hellcat. I did that because I found the solid front, with dividers in between, acted like a giant single pouch and sometimes would bind mags when you tried to take them out, especially on the ends. So I tacked each individual pouch down in between which I think works much better. The PALS grid is still totally usable. You can link between pouches without any problem.

Here's the "X" panel and hydro pouch.

And then I experimented with kydex inserts. These give you great tension with the shock cord prepped to the side for some fast re-loads.

I really really like this setup with the padded upper rear (x-harness type?)

Are you saying the mag pouches are or are not removable? Is this available with the x-harness type upper rear and hydration pouch and four mags up front with pals on either side? price?

Feedback Score
    Lookin' good Derek. I'm kinda liking that two-tone thing.

SHZ:

The mag pouches are sewn in. The back wall of the pouch is the rig base.

Yeah, the "X" panel is an option on the Minuteman (like you see here), and std on the Swampfox, like Hawkeye's rig.

A 4-mag Minuteman rig, with kydex inserts, shock cord pull tabs, and "X" panel would be $135.00 plus shipping. I'm not making any more hydro pouches (or any other pouches) right now due to my backlog. If it comes up that they're also hard to get, I'll look at making a batch later.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    Minuteman rig with pistol pouch, med pouch, and GP pouch added:

Feedback Score
    Nice setup Derek. Who's med pouch is that?
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Nice setup Derek. Who's med pouch is that?

EMDOM BOK makes that one...holds quite a bit in there...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Diz, Can this be had in plain molle so I can add my own pouches? Ranger or Foilage green? I would still want access to my belt with pouches, can I get this high enough on my chest to do that?

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    Here's the Hawkeye prototype rig as it stands now.* I had to do some mods to the back when adding the split to the front.* It now has a lumbar panel that the side panels fit into, and weave together inside with shock cord.* So now you have torso adjustment, and continous wrap-around PALS slots.** The hydro pouch will fit right over the "X" and the lumbar panels.*

Last edited by mark5pt56; 03-15-08 at 16:42. Reason: ?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Does the minuteman look the same from the rear as the alley cat?

-WRM

Feedback Score
    Mark:

I can do that no prob. We'll talk.

WRM:

The rig Derek is showing is actually a Swampfox, although he can call it anything he wants!

The way you can tell them apart is the Swampfox will always have a lumbar panel; the Minuteman will always be open in the back. Just about every other feature is interchangeable.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Diz,

I sent you an email about a rig via the website? I'm interested in picking one up. Let me know if you didn't get it. Thanks.

Blake

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Thumbs up Nice...

Outstanding product !!! You need a website to showcase your work and provide us buyers with a place to check out all the riggs...
    JC

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast