Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Troy Alpha Rail Install and Review

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by g-men10455 View Post
    How come so state M4 Feedramps & others don't?
    Can you please clarify what you mean?

M4 feed ramps are machined into the upper receiver, not the lower.
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.

-Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the upper receivers at BCM & some like this one say m4 Feedramps.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/mobile/default.aspx#P953

and others don't.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Well, some uppers are made with them and some aren't. I suggest you look in the stickies and do a search.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am on the war path for a BCM Midlength. I would like to just cut the FSB and instal my own Troy Alpha. Has anyone had trouble with "at home" installations like alignment with the upper? I don't have a carry-handle to use to hold the pieces together, but I do have a RRA style "riser" that should be long enough to do it.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd hazard that a greater percentage are installed 'at home' than by shops with the exception being perhaps models that come from the factory with X accutriment, gzimo or doodad as part of the package.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericridebike View Post
    Thanks for the review. Looking at the Alpha vs the Ranier/Samson Evolution or the MI Gen 2 rail. I like some of the features of the others, but the Alpha looks a lot sturdier/refined(from pics anyway) Haven't gotten to handle the MI or Samson/Ranier, but did get to briefly fondle a Troy & it seemed top notch.
    After reading the OP's review I think the Samson Evolution or Rainier's version is slightly better executed. For the same weight as the Troy the Samson has two anti-rotation tabs and a heat sink/mounting bracket that keeps the hand guard cooler.

I went with the Samson evolution after reading several reports here and elsewhere of Troy Alpha rails coming loose and slipping off the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I installed a Troy Alpha rail on my 20" BCM.
    Cut down the FSP and contured it with a dremel and blued it.
    Then reinstalled the modified FSP with new tapered pins.
    Used loctite on the threads. I have had no problems.
    Just giving my input

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Im suprised you didnt strip the teeth of your barrel nut first... thats nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTyler View Post
    Its nice to see the alpha rail is actually flush with the upper reciever.
    I had a TRX extreme battle rail, an it wasnt flush at all. That was one of their problems and why they switched to the alpha style. I cant stand that slight uneven drop the battle rail had. It had to go. Glad they came out with the new versions.
    Same problem here, but Troy's CS is amazing and they sent me a new alpha rail free of charge and paid the s&h both ways. I love the alpha rail, its a smart and efficient design.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 06-15-12 at 16:50.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGGlock View Post
    For those that have installed this rail. I just got a 13" and installed. I cut and grind down the standard front sight. With everything together there is only about 1mm between it and the rail. Did everyone else use a cut down front sight or buy a low profile? If so which one?
    Thanks
    This morning I cut down my FSB with an angle grinder. This afternoon my rail arrived. I can't wait until this build is complete.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Instaurator View Post
    I set my 15'' Troy rail on my Stag Model 2.
    That is likely your issue.
    US Army Military Police 97-03
    Federal LEO/M.R.T. 05-Present
    NRA Life Member

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
    -E. Hemingway

"I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it."
    -Jack Nicholson (A Few Good Men, 1992)

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast