Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recent build complete

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd like to hear how you arrived at your choices, but while I wouldn't choose the same parts I can tell that some amount of thought went into picking what you did, and by the carbon buildup on the light I can tell you've actually put a couple of rounds through it.

Nicely done. We need more threads like this as opposed to "I wanted it to look like I go shooting, not have to actually go shooting".
    (unless, of course, the carbon on the light is really spraypaint in which case... )

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by connorh View Post
    Is it possible to mount the haley mount further back on that rail? I have the same rail, but would rather not have the muzzle blast going right into the light. thanks.
    Yes, the Haley light mount can be mounted farther back but I have big hands and my thumb hits the light and throws off my solid c-clamp grip. I am working on a better mounting solution for the light.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngbp04 View Post
    I was just thinking that. It looks like there is quite a bit of build up on the lens of the flashlight from the muzzle blast. Are you having to wipe off the lens every couple of magazines? Also, is the light effected or obstructed by the blast?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The build up on the light doesn't get excessive until about 200rds. The surefire brake is THE BEST for recoil reduction but sends carbon everywhere. Pro's outweigh the cons. I dont mind wiping the light lens with my thumb every 200 rds, it takes two seconds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenromeo View Post
    Nice. What belt is that?
    ATS War belt with ATS inner belt. All HSGI Tacos and a DSG Kydex holster. Light and functional.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Nice looking rifle. I'm curious why you didn't go with a DD BCG since you used a DD barrel and presumably a DD upper.
    I had a brand new Stag sitting around so I am using it temporarily until I made a decision on the best BCG. I am not sure if I want to switch to a nickel boron.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGreg View Post
    Looks very similar to my build.. good choices B215R. I want to ask you a question though... is your gas block touching the inner picatinny backing piece?

I have the Troy 13" TRX, and when i wanted to mount a VFG i attached the picatinny strip and discovered that it was pushing on the bottom of my gas block. I didn't find that very cool, so i wound up abandoning the VFG and getting a MOUNT-N-SLOT hand stop that attaches directly to my rail without having to use the picatinny strip. I thought i'd ask.. and fwiw, i think i'm saving a few ounces now too.

No, my gas block does not touch the rail. I was told that the standard TRX is a tad bit thicker than the VTAC. I am running a lowpro DD gas block.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jared91 View Post
    Great looking build! Im sure people standing next to you dont care for it to much when firing though; how bad is muzzle blast?
    Muzzle blast is dependent on the ammo. If I run green tips it looks like the front of the weapon is on fire, haha. I have been getting good deals on the PMC and it is far more tame.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'd like to hear how you arrived at your choices, but while I wouldn't choose the same parts I can tell that some amount of thought went into picking what you did, and by the carbon buildup on the light I can tell you've actually put a couple of rounds through it.

Nicely done. We need more threads like this as opposed to "I wanted it to look like I go shooting, not have to actually go shooting".
    (unless, of course, the carbon on the light is really spraypaint in which case... )
    I am fortunate enough to have a free range close to my house with no rules. Therefore, I am free to design lanes that I enjoy running. I love real world scenario shooting with high round counts on target. That is the basis of how I went about selecting parts. I will shoot 600 - 800rds a month so I went with a top notch barrel from DD and I must say it shoots true even when smoking hot! Reliability, weight and efficiency are key for me. I was also able to shoot a variety of other set ups to sum up the feel of different components.

Thanks for your interest.

Feedback Score
    Nice looking RIG, I also love the 13" rail over the shorter 14.5". I am looking at a 16" with full rail for my next gun. Thanks for the Great Photo.
    Israel B.
    In Texas

"Be Respectful, Be Professtional. But Allways Have A Plan To Kill Every Last One Of Them!"

Mossy 500
    Stevens 635
    Marlin MOD60
    Taurus MOD62
    SAIGA "AK" 7.62x39

Project in Progress:
    Palmetto AR15

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great looking setup. Thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast