Thread: Need handguard for Noveske SPR barrel.....

Feedback Score

Need handguard for Noveske SPR barrel.....

Hi all, first post here on M4carbine.net. I recently ordered a Noveske SPR 18" barrel with an intermediate length gas system. It will be mated to a VLTOR MUR, in addition to the DSA lower with Geissele trigger + A2 stock I already built.

I want to know what handguards could fit with the switch block and intermediate length gas system, outside of the superior weapon systems handguards that they sell to Noveske. I think my options for sure would be either a 10" or 11" Larue (will need to measure) or a 10" Daniel Defense lite rail. What I want to know is this: will this rail accommodate the switch block: https://danieldefense.com/rail-syste...id-length.html . It's a DD Lite 12" for mid-length gas systems. That way, I could have a little bit more rail length for a bi-pod underneath and for my hand. I'm a huge fan of the DD Lite, but I was curious if anyone on this board has any experience with building a rifle around a barrel with the Noveske switch block.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    iirc, 11" is what you're after, which is an odd setup. I only say that with any confidence because it's not the end of the world if a little bit of the back of the Swb is covered up, just need to not interfere with the front.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Any other thoughts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Hi all, first post here on M4carbine.net. I recently ordered a Noveske SPR 18" barrel with an intermediate length gas system. It will be mated to a VLTOR MUR, in addition to the DSA lower with Geissele trigger + A2 stock I already built.

I want to know what handguards could fit with the switch block and intermediate length gas system, outside of the superior weapon systems handguards that they sell to Noveske. I think my options for sure would be either a 10" or 11" Larue (will need to measure) or a 10" Daniel Defense lite rail. What I want to know is this: will this rail accommodate the switch block: https://danieldefense.com/rail-syste...id-length.html . It's a DD Lite 12" for mid-length gas systems. That way, I could have a little bit more rail length for a bi-pod underneath and for my hand. I'm a huge fan of the DD Lite, but I was curious if anyone on this board has any experience with building a rifle around a barrel with the Noveske switch block.

Thanks
    i don`t have your answer,but understand your problem!i guess this rifle will be suppressed,hence the reason for the switch block.did you call noveske or daniel defense for any help?the people over at noveske were very helpful to me.i do like that daniel defense rail!i hope you find your answer!

Feedback Score
    I was looking into this also. It seems you want an 11'', and Larue is what I was looking at. Option B would be to wait for a one of the keymod handguard offerings by Vltor/Noveske, but who knows when they will be available. I think a 10'' would look weird, with about 1'' of exposed gas tube/gap.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A handguard no longer than 11.13" will need to be used. Most 11" handguards are slightly longer and may need to be modified.

You could also use a 12" handguard and cut off an inch of the top rail.

The intermediate gas system is 1.9" longer than mid, so a cutout for mid FSB handguard will not work.