I've got one with a 20" barrel made by Teppo Jutsu. I had it built specifically for hunting. I like the cartridge a lot, and it'll do 2550fps with 125gr and 2350fps with 150gr bullets easily. I'm sure if you spent some time with quickload and a handful of powders you could best that even more. Those numbers are exactly what you would get out of a factory 30-30, which is a little behind what you can get out of the .30RAR. For something that is a low volume of fire hunting rig I don't care that it takes a bit to load ammo. I haven't played with it for a couple years due to multiple moves for work.....I think I have finally fixed that and hope to get it back out this summer and fully ready for deer hunting in the fall. I am planning to cut the barrel back to 18" and have ADCO ball dimple the barrel to get the balance more to my liking for my "brush gun". Forming brass isn't always as simple as people say. The SSA brass that I have needs to have the necks outside turned or you get a .013" donut that form at the base of the neck causing pressure spikes. Remy and Hornady brass have had no such complaints to my knowledge and are usually a 1-pass and trim to length. In general 150gr boattails are too long to be loaded to mag length, but most flat base are good to go. that means you won't be able to load cheap surplus fmj to cannelure or to full speed if you seat them deeper. I really like the 125gr Sierra pro-hunter in this and want to try some of the 110gr and 130gr Barnes TSX. Like I said earlier I really like mine and can't wait to get it into the woods....but it is a complete wildcat that may have some quirks you'll need to iron out.

advntrjnky