Thread: Finally got a full size 1911...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)

Finally got a full size 1911...

So I always wanted a full size 1911 with a rail. I was thinking Springfield, Kimber, Colt, etc. I finally picked up a Springfield Long Beach Operator today. Now I have to wait the grueling 10 days for it.

I have a buddy who carries the Long Beach as his duty sidearm. He has told me great the gun is. Anyone else out there with this firearm? Pictures and stories? I was thinking about getting a Surefire X400 with a pressure switch and maybe some VZ grips.
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    The long beach model is essentially an MC Operator but with an all black armory kote finish as opposed to the OD green frame of the MC. They are wonderful firearms. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had the need for another railed 1911.

Good choice. You'll be impressed.

Feedback Score
    nice choice. i would eventually like to get a Colt Rail Gun or an Operator.

But it won't be any time soon.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pictures?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I am picking it up on Tuesday (4/24). I will definitely take some photographs and upload them.
    "All cops have to make judgment calls they hope they won't regret. No cop ever bats a thousand." - Southland

"The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry your body." - Jack Bauer

"And maybe remind the few if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stand between the monsters and the weak."

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Get some VZ grips for sure. I've had about 5 sets and they are fantastic.

Grab whatever color and pattern floats your boat. I really like their basic double diamond grips. Aliens are my second favorite but they make so many grip textures that are all great in their own way. I would highly recommend the mag release cut. I've had both with and without and love the thumb relief. Be sure to get good hardware and o-rings for a tight fit.
    Last edited by jeffreywt; 04-20-12 at 23:10.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreywt View Post
    Get some VZ grips for sure. I've had about 5 sets and they are fantastic.
    Yeah, that was the first order of business. I ordered the Operator II Predator Green VZ Grip. I have to stay... this has been the most painful 10 days of waiting....

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Less then 24 hours.... Almost there...

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    So here it is.... It's soooo purty....

Has a Surefire X400 with a Surefire DG-18 pressure switch, VZ grips.