Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-4 Variable optic options

Feedback Score
    I have a NF 1x4 sitting on the bench waiting on an upper from Grant. I will be taking it to WV for Pat's 5 day class. AAR to follow.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad Tactical
    I have a NF 1x4 sitting on the bench waiting on an upper from Grant. I will be taking it to WV for Pat's 5 day class. AAR to follow.
    Thanks Steve, I look forward to reading your opinion on the NF.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    We can start another thread if neccesary, I have heard some conversations NF, that they will be doing a "free" upgrade to the 1-4 scopes allowing the users to the lit recticle in full daylight?

Anyone else heard of this?

Feedback Score
    I too am very interested in the 1-4x24 NXS. I heard on another forum that they were going to increase the FC-2 reticle brightness to what was described as "Aimpoint bright".

I spoke with a rep at Night Force today and he said that he had not heard anything regarding an illumination mod although he said that he was not in R&D. His statement was that the illumination was primarily designed for "dawn and dusk" shooting.

Take it for what it's worth...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LawmanHK
    I too am very interested in the 1-4x24 NXS. I heard on another forum that they were going to increase the FC-2 reticle brightness to what was described as "Aimpoint bright".

I spoke with a rep at Night Force today and he said that he had not heard anything regarding an illumination mod although he said that he was not in R&D. His statement was that the illumination was primarily designed for "dawn and dusk" shooting.

Take it for what it's worth...

I just got one of these in. I will be mounting it up shortly and will give a review.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I went out today with some buddies just back from Afghan (mil). My Short Dot's being eslewhere (with my camera conviently) I picked up a Leupold 1.5-5 MIV MR/T Illuminate SPR reticle -- and also got a chance to play with the NF 1-4.

Neither are Short Dot's IMHO (albiet the Leupold is not a 1-4 anyway). I was going to try the Leupy on a C8 uppered RO921HB -- but my trustly (and last piece of ARMS kit) the old #2 decied to shit the bed and broke at the screw that goes thru the carry handle ( I was going to go on an hige ARMS trirade - but this one is over 10 years old and suffered thru a bunch of stuff so I will let this one slide).

Next week I will have all on hand so I can give a decent reivew of the pro's and con's

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB
    Well I went out today with some buddies just back from Afghan (mil). My Short Dot's being eslewhere (with my camera conviently) I picked up a Leupold 1.5-5 MIV MR/T Illuminate SPR reticle -- and also got a chance to play with the NF 1-4.

Neither are Short Dot's IMHO (albiet the Leupold is not a 1-4 anyway). I was going to try the Leupy on a C8 uppered RO921HB -- but my trustly (and last piece of ARMS kit) the old #2 decied to shit the bed and broke at the screw that goes thru the carry handle ( I was going to go on an hige ARMS trirade - but this one is over 10 years old and suffered thru a bunch of stuff so I will let this one slide).

Next week I will have all on hand so I can give a decent reivew of the pro's and con's

An ARMS product broke??? How can this be???

C4

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Any pics of the NXS yet? Can you get pictures of the reticles and post them as well?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc
    Any pics of the NXS yet? Can you get pictures of the reticles and post them as well?

Anything for you Marc!

C4

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Seemed like a good place to post this!

Finally got to do some varied shooting with my NSX 1-4X with FC-2 reticle on a new 6920 upper at a shoot this last weekend. (Thanks Chen!) I shot over 500rds from 5-50yds on paper and steel, moving, prone, obstacle course around cover from strong and weak side.

Some impressions:

- 1x works great! No eye relief issues with my nose to charging handle mount, no problems coming up from low ready from 5-50 yds. Almost as good as an Aimpoint.

- Black unlit reticle (FC-2) works fine in daylight, large "wings" really help to center/sight the target even if it is dark colored.

- 4x eye relief can be tricky to find when dropping quickly into prone. Or maybe just need more practice...

- SEB/SBU prone works fine at 1x. 4x has above issues.

- REALLY helps to close one eye when at 4x, with sweat and movement etc, I got some double images when trying to keep both eyes open. Not really an issue at 1x.

- Reticle was fine at 1x for a 6" plate at 50yds.

- As in my old post with reticle pics, the glass is super clear with great contrast. Never had a problem with target ID.

- Aimpoint still rules for Minute of @$$&*!# shooting at 50y and maybe farther. Just so easy to use... But 4x is always better if you need target ID or more precision.

I still need to do more low light and indoor stuff with it, but at 1x I don't really forsee any major issues. With a white light source you don't even need the scope illumination.

So overall I am pretty happy with the glass so far. It is a compromise over an Aimpoint because of the eye relief, but you get magnification as well when you need it. And it is much more versatile than an ACOG with the 1x capability.

Any questions, opinions, or recommendations welcome!

Dennis.

Page 2 of 103 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast