Thread: Questions about Coronado Trail in Arizona...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Questions about Coronado Trail in Arizona...

I am possibly going to be taking vacation in Arizona in late August. My girlfriend will be with me. My parents go to Tombstone every year for Helldorado Days, and told me about the "road from hell" -- Coronado Trail from Eager to Clifton. My mom hated it (scared) and dad didn't think it was too bad, and enjoyed the scenery. I am wanting to stick to the northern part of AZ (grand canyon, and would love to drive through the Hopi reservations and find some historical sites). Is the Coronado Trail worth a whole extra day of driving? We both love scenery, but I hear this road is dangerous and not very well traveled.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    I am possibly going to be taking vacation in Arizona in late August. My girlfriend will be with me. My parents go to Tombstone every year for Helldorado Days, and told me about the "road from hell" -- Coronado Trail from Eager to Clifton. My mom hated it (scared) and dad didn't think it was too bad, and enjoyed the scenery. I am wanting to stick to the northern part of AZ (grand canyon, and would love to drive through the Hopi reservations and find some historical sites). Is the Coronado Trail worth a whole extra day of driving? We both love scenery, but I hear this road is dangerous and not very well traveled.
    It's a very nice drive.. Everything in AZ is nice.. I would suggest going on-base at Fort Huachuca from the east, out the west gate and back to Tucson.. Talk about a nice drive.. Do this after the Coronado if traveling north to south. The drive down from Moab to Flagstaff is awesome and then on to Jerome.. Lots of good driving there.. Ron
    Ain't no pockets on a shroud..

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There is a lot of beautiful scenery in Az, especially in the north. I've never done the Coronado Trail or any real exploring in southern Az but the area around Tucson looks like it would be a decent trip.

ETA: be advised that southern Az in August is going to be hot as shit.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 04-24-12 at 20:36.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post

ETA: be advised that southern Az in August is going to be hot as shit.
    Yeah, but it's a dry heat
    -

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies, gents. I am looking forward to it!
    -