Thread: Turn by turn description of the new Circuit of the Americas

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Turn by turn description of the new Circuit of the Americas

Turn by turn description of the new Circuit of the Americas
    http://www.statesman.com/sports/form...d-2321735.html

Should be a good track, with multiple places to pass.

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    I'm not a huge fan of the Tilke circuits but I am ecstatic for this race. Formula 1 has quickly become my favorite sport to watch. Hopefully this GP will result in a resurgence in its popularity in the US.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Has anyone ever tried gravy in a camelbak?

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Amazing!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Seems like an amazing circuit for SBK/MotoGP, a pretty decent one for F1, but for most other series it seems a bit oversized. I'll probably make it out for the Aussie V8 visit next year if it's a financial success enough to last that long, but I'm still unsure if it's worth the cost to come out for the F1 race the end of this year.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    I'm still unsure if it's worth the cost to come out for the F1 race the end of this year.
    The tickets are hugely expensive. I'll be watching it on SPEED and enjoying the comfort of my house and no traffic.

I do, however, want to attend the Aussie Supercars and MotoGP, if those races actually occur. There seem to be some disputes on those.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What upsets me the most is that before the US Grand Prix left Indy the tickets were "cheap"

I was at the race in '05 [To watch 6 cars drive around] in '06 and '07. In '05 we sat in the grandstand right at the start/finish line and in 06/07 we say right at turn one. Tickets were $120 for a three day pass! Fri/Sat and Sunday Race with an additional $20 to park all three days. Thursday the track was open for free to anyone with a Race ticket. Now I am looking to go to Spa in '13 and the tickets for my Fiance [will be wife then] are $1300... WTF!

I miss Indy... the track was boring, sure, but it was only a drive away and it was CHEAP!

With a Grand Prix coming to West New York in '13 as well as much as I want to go to Austin, I don't think it makes sense with a race 35min from my house.

Pic from Indy 2007 that I took at the turn 7-8-9 complex on the earth berm where people without press passes could take pics w/o a fence in the way:

Kimi... who would be World Champion that year...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    What upsets me the most is that before the US Grand Prix left Indy the tickets were "cheap"
    Very nice photo! And, Kimi is back, placing second by only 3.3 seconds in the Lotus at Bahrain last Sunday.

In the 70's, I attended all of the US and Canadian GP's when they were held at Watkins Glen (the Bog lives!) and Mosport, respectively, and have been a life long fan. Back in those days, it was really inexpensive.

You have me interested when you spoke of a GP in west NY in 2013. The Glen? New track? Details please.
    Last edited by austinN4; 04-25-12 at 08:07.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by austinN4 View Post
    Very nice photo! And, Kimi is back, placing second by only 3.3 seconds in the Lotus at Bahrain last Sunday.

In the 70's, I attended all of the US and Canadian GP's when they were held at Watkins Glen (the Bog lives!) and Mosport, respectively, and have been a live long fan. Back in those days, it was really inexpensive.

You have me interested when you spoke of a GP in west NY in 2013. The Glen? New track? Details please.
    No... The City of West New York in NJ lol

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...s_first-e.html

Street course...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    someone already modeled the track in what looks like rFactor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m10_f1o_0So

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    someone already modeled the track in what looks like rFactor...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m10_f1o_0So
    Nice model. There are a couple on YouTube for Austin as well, but they aren't that nice.

Street courses, meh........I am just not into them. I am a road course guy. But it looks like it will be a good one.