Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Red Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by askani79705 View Post
    It's not any better.any quality oil will be fine. America is a nation of tinkerers,Marvel Mystery Oil (mineral spirits) Lucas Oil additive (Gear Oil) are examples of companies that have taken advantage of this.As for me I just use the same oil I put in my truck,
    I'm through playing chemist in my short free time when I should be shooting. But I mix up a "special" batch when going shooting with a can. Heavy marvel mystery oil and mobile one. Someone gets on your nerves, a facefull of this gas is the ticket for stfu. IG, you made me chuckle when talked about the smell.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by devinsdad View Post
    Spent the last 2 days racking my brain to try and remember the name of this homebrew. Thanks for letting me sleep tonight.
    How is this any better then any quality gun lube? I have been reading for years about all manner of homebrew lubes. Combining motor oil, cooking oil, lard, ATF, urine etc. But past the cost, which I assume is a boatload better, what is this gonna do for my weapon than a jug of CLP? I've always taken these with a geain of salt. Every oil has it's purpose in life, why cross them for little to no benefit in performance?
    Never thought of urine. I'm gonna go pee in that bottle (measuring first) and see how it mixes!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Generally speaking, I don't want my lube to clean. I want it to lube. When I want to clean the gun, I will use a dedicated cleaner.....C4
    My beliefs exactly.

Here is my recipe for red gun lube:

One part ATF.
    One more part ATF.

This is what almost all the many black powder shooters at my range use and these are old guys who have tried it all. If it can keep their blunderbusses from rusting it is good enough for me.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 04-27-12 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    I saw a week ago a recipe that called for 1 part Mobil 1, 1 part Dextron ATF, 1 part Lucas Oil Treatment. I don't remember where I saw it. So I made a small bottle and it felt good in my AR and my 1911. But the real test for oils is on the Dillon Super 1050s I use at work. I have been using these machines since 2009 and have loaded over 7 million rounds on them! I have used almost every oil on the market on them. I tried Slip 2000, Lucas Gun Oil, Break Free, MC 2500, TW 25, moly paste mixed with Break Free, Spring tar mixed with moly paste and Mobil 1....Tetra, Mobil 1....you name it...there are many others that I forgot! I can feel the difference in the different lubes. The one I stuck with was Mobil 1 Synthetic. Until today...I took a break (After loading 3000 rounds..) and decided to mix another batch to try at work. DAMN! That is the BEST so far! SUPER SLICK! Makes the Dillon feel hydraulic...just crazy smooth! This should be great on guns! Just the viscosity would not be good for cold temps....I think. But the test is in the firing! After Vegas....
    There are no accidents; only ignorance, mechanical failure, and acts of God! I have loaded over 6 million rounds in the last 5 years and STILL have not seen it all!

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I picked up some of ALG's Purple GO-JUICE free samples at the NRA show last Saturday, but have not used it yet. I here if it is accidentally ingested, it would work like a laxative but don't know if it would also give you any super powers.

https://geissele.com/alg-go-juice-4-oz-bottle.html

https://geissele.com/alg-go-juice-sample-packs.html

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    looks interesting but I just cannot stand the stinking smell of ATF.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This shit is the cat's ass:

You're welcome.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    I never got mixing stuff together to make some sort of super lube.

What testing have you done to be assured the chemical properties of any of the sunstances hasn't and doesn't change when mixed with the other stuff? How about temprature changes and how the mix fairs when mixed with particles from the combustion process?

What does this receipe do that no COTS solution does?
    This would be my #1 concern. Chemicals can do some weird things when mixed together.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benito View Post
    This would be my #1 concern. Chemicals can do some weird things when mixed together.
    Agreed.

Also, everything inside the bolt carrier gets aerosolized via flame/heat. Plenty of carcinogenic byproducts can be generated by that process.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Agreed.

Also, everything inside the bolt carrier gets aerosolized via flame/heat. Plenty of carcinogenic byproducts can be generated by that process.
    What??? You dont shoot with your gas mask on? noobie
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast