Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Homemade Red Gun Lube

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    What??? You dont shoot with your gas mask on? noobie
    I f*cking hate that damn thing.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    We used to make this stuff too, ATF, motor oil, cut with Kroil and acetone....I guess it makes sense if you are servicing range/FA/ belt fed mg, simply because it is cheap.
    Today I buy Ballistol by the quart at my farmers co-op, green and clean😀

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    We used to make this stuff too, ATF, motor oil, cut with Kroil and acetone....I guess it makes sense if you are servicing range/FA/ belt fed mg, simply because it is cheap.
    For guns that don't vaporize their lubricant, one can just virtually anything that gets the job done and doesn't cause cancer from skin contact.

But for the AR, and especially a suppressed AR, we must be mindful of things like Benzine that can be created from vaporized motor oil. Highly toxic.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    For guns that don't vaporize their lubricant, one can just virtually anything that gets the job done and doesn't cause cancer from skin contact.

But for the AR, and especially a suppressed AR, we must be mindful of things like Benzine that can be created from vaporized motor oil. Highly toxic.
    I agree, I spray paint/coatings for a living, and have always tried to be smart... Never gave firearms a second thought till my first suppressor.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    There's no point in using a nasty, toxic, stinking, staining mess like that on any gun.

ANYTHING will lube it just fine. Pick something that doesn't stink, stain, or try to kill you.

And don't put any of that Lucas garbage in an engine. It has been tested to be utter junk. Marvel Mystery Oil is basically mineral oil, peppermint oil, and kerosene (or something like that).

To lower the surface tension for better creep/penetration, use regular Acetone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    No ATF or any other hydraulic fluid or acetone on my firearms. That stuff make me ill. I've found a good, non-toxic Gucci lube that's been working well for me over the last coupla years. It's expensive, but I'd rather pay for Gucci lube than cancer treatments
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    No ATF or any other hydraulic fluid or acetone on my firearms. That stuff make me ill. I've found a good, non-toxic Gucci lube that's been working well for me over the last coupla years. It's expensive, but I'd rather pay for Gucci lube than cancer treatments
    What lube is that?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    See if they can get the gallon size even cheaper 😎

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    What lube is that?
    The one, it seems, everyone loves to hate- Frog Lube

Now you know what my opinion on lube is worth
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I use 50% 80-90 Wt. gear oil and 50% Remoil. If it's cold I add more Remoil and thin the mix. If it's hot I add more 80-90 Wt. Been doing it for years. When I want to clean a gun I use spray carburetor cleaner and a bore snake. It's not brain surgery, it's a gun.
    kwg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast