Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR1911 pistol

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ruger to Announce SR1911

Last edited by ghostman1960; 04-18-11 at 13:44.
    American by birth, southern by the grace of American Van Lines

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/z...l_launcher.gif

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Very interesting indeed.
    I don't have any expierence with Rugers other that my old .357 Blackhawk and not looking to add a SS gun, but I'd be very curious to hear forum member's thoughts after seeing one at the NRA Convention..................................
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Ruger SR1911 pistol

If your not follow the thread in the 1911 section below. Ruger just annouced that they are the 44th manufactuer of old slab sides.

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/models.html

http://www.downrange.tv/blog/the-rug...11-video/9290/

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    I was looking at the specs provided and there pretty bare. Other than stating they will have genuine Novak sights it leaves a lot open to the imigination. Every Ruger I have owned has been rock solid and built like a tank and with the MSRP of $799 that means we should see them for about $600, I guess one may be in my future. I wish they would offer a blued version but the stainless w/black contrast looks pretty good. Time will tell!

Feedback Score
    It's good that they went with the traditional bushing and standard guide rod instead of the full length. I'd like it a bit better if they did a 3 1/2 or 3 inch as we're WAY short of those by comparison in the reasonable price range.
    Last edited by yellowfin; 04-18-11 at 14:12.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That can't be a Ruger.

It doesn't have the entire owner's manual hammered into the frame.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellowfin View Post
    It's good that they went with the traditional bushing and standard guide rod instead of the full length. I'd like it a bit better if they did a 3 1/2 or 3 inch as we're WAY short of those by comparison in the reasonable price range.
    For good reason; those short 1911 take a hit to reliability.

IF Ruger can put out a RELIABLE 1911 for a price that isn't pants-on-the-****ing-head-retarded, things will become interesting. I probably still wouldn't buy one, however. Though, I'm treating this with the same healthy dose of skepticism I treat any new product to the market.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    MSRP is $799

I like the fact that it is a series 70. Im not sold on the cast frame

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just remember that Ruger Pine Tree Casting has been making Casipans frames for years. Noticed that it comes with one ea 7 & 8 rd mags. Plunger tube is part of the frame to prevent ever coming loose and a slightly modified extractor. Ruger billboard is on the bottom of the dust cover.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Ruger made some good choices: Novak sights, Series 70, No FCS, regular thumb safety, GI recoil spring, safety manual printed somewhere out of sight.

Let's just hope it doesn't suck and the street price is significantly less than $700. A local store sells Springfield ROs for $725, so that's my comparison standard.
    Know your role, and shut your mouth.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast