Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Second thoughts about my 300BLK build

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Oh... got it. So, you have "seen" people killed, and killed animals with .308/7.62x51 and that directly correlates into 300BLK being equal to it? Bascially the same bullet with less powder driving it...

So then, we know .223/5.56 is effective at that task, therefore using your logic, the 5.7x28 (.224) will be just as effecitve as 5.56x45! Same bullet with a smaller shell casing and less powder. Oh wait... yea, that didn't pan out so well.

Bottom line is you are just guessing at the terminal effectiveness on humans. Until it happens, nobody really knows. If you like 300BLK, then go crazy. But don't try to push it on others as something that nobody has proof of it being. If it proves effective on the street - then great. I'm not saying it won't. I'm saying it's too early to call.
    Why too early to call? Seems to me 7.62x35 ballistics are close enough to 7.62x39 for me to have a pretty good idea as to its effectiveness since the x39 has been and continues to prove its effectiveness specifically on real humans around the globe for the past 60+ yrs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by wahoo95; 05-01-12 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    El Cid
    Gee what you need pictures? Maybe I didn't pull the trigger but I fed the ammo. How much closer do you need to be? And I never said the 300 blk was the equal to 762x51mm! It's actually very close to the 30-30.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 05-02-12 at 04:51. Reason: personal attack

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnutAF View Post
    El Cid
    Gee what you need pictures? Maybe I didn't pull the trigger but I fed the ammo. How much closer do you need to be? And dumb ass I never said the 300 blk was the equal to 762x51mm! It's actually very close to the 30-30.
    It matters not whether you fed the gun or pulled the trigger. Your experience was with 7.62x51. My point is that you have not used 300blk in the manner you swear up and down it excels at.

As for the name calling it appears someone needs to take a grown-up pill. It's a sign of failure and desperation in a debate when you resort to such behavior.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345