Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New to me, model 65

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Various federal agencies issued this version in the late 1970s.

I have the same revolver as yours but in 9mm.

Since the hammer spur was removed, you might consider having the single action notch on the sear removed to prevent cocking. I have a M64 rb 2" that came from the factory with spur removed and single action notch deleted. That's where I got this idea.

I bought my first K frame in Jan. 1971 and have owned many over the years. There is no finer revolver. Right now they are sleepers but will soon be priced out of reach. As an old guy, my advice is start buying police trade in and any others that you can find. Revolvers like this will never be made again at any price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by williejc View Post
    Revolvers like this will never be made again at any price.
    Sad, but true...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Got a new pair of Hogue wood, checkered, boot style grips.

My buddy Rosco Benson wanted to know how the cerakote on the cylinder fared after lots of shooting, here you go:

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    A fine "catch", & you're treating it well. A lot of us tend to drift to the latest high capacity auto, but if we're lucky & wise we visit our roots & it's fun. A 3" K-frame is just about right in a lot of ways. Thanks for sharing !!

Feedback Score
    Please excuse me while I go cry. God, I love the old Smiths, Great buy!!!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    G woody:

I can't say that I'm treating it well It is a very low maintenance gun with the cerakote finish. It is one that I can neglect and still feel comfortable that it goes off everytime.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    OP, you may not consider it a BBQ gun, but it will certainly stand out when showcased in quality gunleather. Although I admire custom finishes and engraving and the likes, it is the working revolvers, the ones carried and shot a lot, the ones monified by working men (and women) to perform to their exacting individual standards that really catch my eye. I've got a 19-5 and a 66-1, but four inchers that I want to play with some day. Both have action jobs, but the 66 was done over a little more extensively internally by some unknown cop or smith back when wheel guns were the norm. The 19 had worked on myself and carried for a spell.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345