Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'best' exercises

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Burpee pull-ups for reps. You'll touch every muscle group and get spent really fast.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    If you have limited time in which to work out, and could only do 2-3 exercises per body part (i.e., arms, chest, shoulders, back), gym or no gym, what would you do?
    Depends on goals, experience levels, what you have access to, days per week you can put to it, and other variables. With appropriate choice of exercise and loading, 1-2 exercise per body part is sufficient depending on frequency.

As already mentioned, good info on exercise choice, loading, programming, etc found in Starting Strength by Rippetoe.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 05-02-12 at 07:39.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Turkish Get-up, with basically any heavy object you can hold in one hand.

Works entire body with one exercise.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Exercises

Benchpress, pull up and squats. Get someone to show you proper form on dead lifts before starting those and don't try to be a hero when doing them.

Body weight exercises I'd say 1 legged squats, pushups with variations, planks and rows with whatever you have laying around.

Stick with compound exercises.

When I only have about 30 minutes to workout I do density training in this fashion: barbell with whatever weight I can do with good form. 10 straight leg deadlifts, 10 bent over rows, 10 clean and presses. Do one right after the other, no rest. Rest 1-2 minutes between sets and do 3-4.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wendlers 5/3/1 even has an app to track your progress and assistance work. If you don't have time for assistance work he says don't do it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Like others have mentioned Starting Strength is amazing and the work outs should be used more. Combined with cardio is all you need.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Depends on goals. I workout 3x a week due to time constraints and try to keep it under an hour. I use the strong lifts program as a guide but will alter it depending on current goals.

Stronglifts is good because it's 3x a week, hits every major muscle group and doesn't get boring because youre always adding weight to the bar.

In the past though I've had success with strictly kettlebell routines. You can get a very good workout in about 20 minutes, or less. See kettlebell long cycle. I'll do this when I'm strapped for time or if I want to change up my shoulder workout. I like this too because you get a full body pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Fapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12