Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabe Suarez?

Feedback Score

Gabe Suarez?

Any inputs on him or his training classes?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I don't know much about Gabe Suarez but I do know a lot about Gabe Suarez internet threads. They almost never end well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    I don't know much about Gabe Suarez but I do know a lot about Gabe Suarez internet threads. They almost never end well.
    Could you elude to this, or point me towards these threads please?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am a staff instructor for Suarez International and Gabe Suarez is a very good personal friend of mine. I am definately a biased opinion.
    I do know alot about Gabe both professionally and personally.

His training methodology and curriculim is I believe second to none where the private citizen is concerned.

Many other trainers/programs are more focused on the LE or MIL. operators needs and Gabe has chosen to go a different route. This, in addition to his in your face approach makes him less than endearing to some folks.

Past the personal criticisms, he offers solid and relevant training in weapons and combatives.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    He is a very controversial instructor due not only to his methods but also because he has (depending upon who you ask) a misdemeanor or felony conviction pertaining to insurance fraud or some such.

The situation is similar in some ways to Yeager/TR threads in that there is a bit of a cult of personality around said figures and there are very loyal students and AI's who will vociferously defend them from criticism.

I have some opinions but they are not from any first hand experience so I'll leave it at that.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    He is a very controversial instructor due not only to his methods but also because he has (depending upon who you ask) a misdemeanor or felony conviction pertaining to insurance fraud or some such.

The situation is similar in some ways to Yeager/TR threads in that there is a bit of a cult of personality around said figures and there are very loyal students and AI's who will vociferously defend them from criticism.

I have some opinions but they are not from any first hand experience so I'll leave it at that.
    I would have to agree that Gabe has become a bit of a cult of personality to some folks.
    FYI, Gabe welcomes criticism. I would go so far to say that he encourages it especially if it advances the study of weaponcraft or combatives.
    He just wants everybody to make sure the spelling of the name is right when they talk shit.

Gabe is just a man like any other,
    Subject to the same issues as every other human on earth.
    One thing that I have found interesting however is that some time ago Gabe issued an open invetation to other trainers to come and see if what they were teaching would stack up against what he was teaching in FOF scenarios.

To my knowledge nobody has taken him up on the invetation yet.

Feedback Score

If it was a felony he wouldnt be allowed to buy and own weapons.

Feedback Score
    Gabe is a different sort of guy and has a different approach to the Gunsite style and mindset. He is a great person to study with if you have the chance to Todd. Let me know if your thinking of coming to a class in AZ and maybe I can meet you there.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    If it was a felony he wouldnt be allowed to buy and own weapons.
    Yes, thank you I'm aware of that, it's a whole separate issue of controversy.

Bulldog1967 Guest
    I like his no-nonsense acceptance of the AK as a "go-to" defense rifle.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast