Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gabe Suarez?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    If it was a felony he wouldnt be allowed to buy and own weapons.
    That is not true of all felony convictions, especially of white collar crimes such as insurance fraud.

Feedback Score
    May I ask what, if any, his past criminal history has to do with the calibre of the training he provides students?

I have not taken any courses, but if he is a great instructor why would anything else matter.

Or am I missing something?

A lot of instructors out there have their fans and their critics that can't stand them, how do you choose the right one through all the hullabaloo?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tugsus View Post
    May I ask what, if any, his past criminal history has to do with the calibre of the training he provides students?

I have not taken any courses, but if he is a great instructor why would anything else matter.

A lot of instructors out there have their fans and their critics that can't stand them, how do you choose the right one through all the hullabaloo?
    If his crimes were having to do with defrauding students or providing unsafe/negligent training then I would want to know about it.
    This is not the case in this instance but I can see how it might bug some folks.

Someone once said "If you want to learn Knifefighting, you dont call the Pope"

Chosing the right instructor can be pretty difficult with all the internet BS.
    I think that some trial and error and word of mouth will probably be involved much like with gear......

Feedback Score

The civil part. After you win your fight. When the decedent's relatives sue you and in discovery, you reveal that you attended training with a trainer. That trainer's resume and teachings become relevant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Aherne View Post
    The civil part. After you win your fight. When the decedent's relatives sue you and in discovery, you reveal that you attended training with a trainer. That trainer's resume and teachings become relevant.
    That makes perfect sense.

I never gave too much thought about the "after" part.

So not only do you have to wade through all the internet BS and drama, you also have to worry about what training, who trained you and how you trained and then prove in court you are not the whack job for defending yourself/others.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

When has this actually happened?
    I am not taking a potshot here.
    If this is true I would genuinely like to know about it.

Most appreciative if you can provide supporting evidence.(I know it is a PITA but it is like doing your good deed for the day)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    100% correct.

I prefer to receive instruction from someone whose credentials are unassailable. That is my own preference.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I understand where you guys are coming from.
    Criminal and Civil liability is no joke.
    Scary and expensive to say the least.

I know I am not at all objective RE this matter but at the moment I am personally interested in the most effective methodologies for killing folks that need killing. Regardless of source.
    If some jailbird comes up with the holy grail of Kick Ass Fu...... I will see what he has to say.
    Some very bad people are very good at messing people up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Trim2L View Post
    That is not true of all felony convictions, especially of white collar crimes such as insurance fraud.

It must be up to the judge to decide if the rights are kept or not.

Feedback Score
    Given the number of options in the market, the total costs (both money and time) of spending 2-5 days doing something, pretty much everything matters to me. Suarez has been a non-issue to me (other than his books are pretty good), but there are other instructors and organizations that I specifically won't patronize because I just don't like the way they conduct themselves. That's my right. I'm not missing much (if anything), because there are plenty of options. It might be different if it was a "sole source provider" situation, but it's not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast