Thread: A BM Carbon sucker punch...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

A BM Carbon sucker punch...

Why will only the front take down pin let go on this joke of a gun..or what is the common factor for those that have seen it before??

An old friend asked me to shoot his AR as it was not grouping & he just had shouder surgery...I was not expecting for him to hand this over. The mount is clearly an obvious issue as the scope moves with even slight pressure. All I wanted was to check bolt/lube before I shot and have no intention of further disassembly.

I have no idea where the appeal is for a plastic AR but rear pin will not clear. Gonna start saying no when cheap is clearly the objective.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Why will only the front take down pin let go on this joke of a gun..or what is the common factor for those that have seen it before??

An old friend asked me to shoot his AR as it was not grouping & he just had shouder surgery...I was not expecting for him to hand this over. The mount is clearly an obvious issue as the scope moves with even slight pressure. All I wanted was to check bolt/lube before I shot and have no intention of further disassembly.

I have no idea where the appeal is for a plastic AR but rear pin will not clear. Gonna start saying no when cheap is clearly the objective.

Do him a favor and throw it in the nearest lake.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    The buffer isn't captured on these. In fact, the whole buffer/recoil system uses non-standard parts. Take out the front pivot pin and slide the upper forward to separate it from the lower. Watch out for the non-captured recoil components.

(No I never owned one...I worked in a gun shop that sold a few)
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    The buffer isn't captured on these. In fact, the whole buffer/recoil system uses non-standard parts. Take out the front pivot pin and slide the upper forward to separate it from the lower. Watch out for the non-captured recoil components.

(No I never owned one...I worked in a gun shop that sold a few)
    Thanks...I don't need learn a new platform I will never mess with again.

I'll just swap mounts and test for grouping.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    For anyone not grasping what I tried to explain above, here's a pic I stole from TOS:

That "nipple" on the front of the buffer fits into the rear of the bolt carrier. That's why you can't "open" the upper by removing the rear takedown pin.

Last edited by ASH556; 05-02-12 at 11:14.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer